banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Urban

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keith Urban

    Saw Keith on CMT last night. This guy is good. I love the sound he gets from his (I think) Telecaster. He had a stack of Matchless amps. Looks like his Tele has the middle and neck pup removed and all he uses is the bridge pup. I wonder what bridge pup he is using?

  • #2
    Re: Keith Urban

    hmmm...i'm not sure...but i have noticed he seems to be quite a player...

    what part of indiana do you live in pepi!?
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Keith Urban

      Yeah, He Can Rip It Up On That Tele. He Does A Tune Called "Rollercoaster"...great Tele Instrumental !


      PLUS....he's going out with that hottie Nikki Taylor !!!
      PUCKBOY99
      Irish Flagologist
      Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 04-09-2004, 09:02 AM.

      Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon


      https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Keith Urban

        He's a heck of a player. It trops me out to hear him sing with a country twang since he's from Australia.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Keith Urban

          Originally posted by Hoss
          hmmm...i'm not sure...but i have noticed he seems to be quite a player...

          what part of indiana do you live in pepi!?
          Hi Hoss:

          That would be central Indiana, close to Ball State.
          Fifty big years in Indiana.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Keith Urban

            Originally posted by JOLLY
            He's a heck of a player. It trops me out to hear him sing with a country twang since he's from Australia.

            That's what get me too! I watched the whole show and not one time did he even make one sour note. He played some acoustic stuff that was wonderful. The only thing about his playing is the way he jerks on the guitar. It wears old me out watching him. I've always tried to make my playing smooth.

            Pepi

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Keith Urban

              It doesnt matter if you dont like Keith Urban, or Country for that matter. He is a badass.
              bones_brig: im too short in the pants to be a pornstar.

              Dime59hum: stfu you tone racist
              WasteofO2: I'm not a tone racist
              WasteofO2: I'm only racist with people

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Keith Urban

                Originally posted by Pepi
                I wonder what bridge pup he is using?
                EMG...
                -Butch Snyder
                butchsnyder.com

                Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Keith Urban

                  Originally posted by Pepi
                  Hi Hoss:

                  That would be central Indiana, close to Ball State.
                  Fifty big years in Indiana.
                  cool...

                  i grew up in Salem...in Washington county...i'm living in New Albany now...down on the river...good to see another Hoosier in here!
                  Originally posted by jeremy
                  God hates bad guitar tone
                  GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                  AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                  EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                  Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Keith Urban

                    I saw that concert. Got a thing for the Matchless amps I see...

                    I wonder if he's got some alternative wiring goin' on with that tele with the missing pups.
                    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                    Originally posted by Sosomething
                    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

                    The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Keith Urban

                      I saw him in concert last year and he was flawless. Great playing and awsome tone coming from those Matchless amps. If you liked that check out some more of Brad Paisely and Vince Gill, both Tele players and damn good as well.
                      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Keith Urban

                        yup...paisley and gill are great...another great all around musician is ricky skaggs...

                        and if you like good music and great young talent...check out nickel creek!!!
                        Originally posted by jeremy
                        God hates bad guitar tone
                        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Keith Urban

                          Originally posted by Hoss
                          yup...paisley and gill are great...another great all around musician is ricky skaggs...

                          and if you like good music and great young talent...check out nickel creek!!!
                          Can't believe that I forgot Ricky and Nickle Creek, love them both!
                          '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Keith Urban

                            Originally posted by Hoss
                            yup...paisley and gill are great...another great all around musician is ricky skaggs...

                            and if you like good music and great young talent...check out nickel creek!!!

                            I like all kinds of music (well not rap, hiphop sh|t ) but there are a lot of good country pickers. Glen Campbell, Roy Clark, late Chet Adkins, Brad Paisley Well back to jamming Crazy Train LOL

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Keith Urban

                              I dig Nickel Creek. Paisley bugs me though. It's that stupid dam "Celebrity" video that turned me off to him.

                              Gangsta rap was good. Today rap sucks because the brains have been sucked out of it. Now it's all about making yourself look cool by surrounding yourself with hos and money and Crystal.

                              Lame.
                              Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                              Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                              Originally posted by Sosomething
                              "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

                              The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X