New V day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New V day

I ran across this on the gear page. Its a Jap Bacchaus replica of a 58 Korina V. I'm a sucker for these guitars, the price was right and it came with a SKB TSA V case to boot!!! I added the Gibson logo for a little flair.

The previous owner claims it is made of mahogany, but this thing is WAY too light....6.25 lbs!!! I think its Korina.

The neck is a medium C carve. Medium size fret wire...very comfortable to play!

I believe this came out the late 80s? Very well constucted!

I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Re: New V day

Dude,you gotta get a rubber strip for that bad-boy!!!
    "Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Congrats!! I saw you had a NGD, I thought maybe I could see a Heritage V.. haha. I dunno about the weight, I had a Dean V and ML that were supposed to be mahogany and they were about 6 lbs and the ML is a huge guitar.
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Gorgeous! I've got an Epi '58 Korina V that I put a black pickguard on. What a great look.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Wow, great axe! Bacchus is a premium maker, not very common outside of Japan. I often see them priced over 1-1.5k when they do pop up.

Looks like mahogany to me as well. Limba has a different grain and is ligher in colour, while mahogany is more goldern brown. Anyway, killer guitar - I'd love a '58 style V meself.

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
          Dude,you gotta get a rubber strip for that bad-boy!!!
          Dislike those things, personally; no need for them when sitting with it like this.
          Originally posted by dominus
          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

^^ Is that the singer from Nickel Back? hahaha

Comment

thanks guys! it is great playing V!
              I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

Rubber strip is fine....its the damned strap button location on the 58 style V and Explorer that drives me nuts.
                Bacchus=good stuff. Congrats!
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                  ^^ Is that the singer from Nickel Back? hahaha
                  Yes it is, heh :P. At least he knows how to play a V seated.
                  Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                    If there was a thumbs down button that picture would get it haha.

P.s love that gibson awwwwwww. The gibbo lp's just dont do it for me but the v's are the **** imo

Comment

Yes, but any rock guitarist worth his salt knows that you are *never* supposed to put such knowledge into actual use.

Sweet axe. Happy NVD!
                      Originally posted by DreX
                      Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                      The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                      There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                      Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                      I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vegetable View Post
                        Yes, but any rock guitarist worth his salt knows that you are *never* supposed to put such knowledge into actual use.
                        Not nickel back there special they can do anything.

Comment

*Sigh* I knew I was gonna cop it for posting that pic; couldn't find one without the Nickelar$e brothers on short notice.

Comment

*Sigh* I knew I was gonna cop it for posting that pic; couldn't find one without the Nickelar$e brothers on short notice.
                            Could have been worse. ''creed''

Comment

Sexy Axe! but I don't like the cutaway on the '58's, especially compared to a '67.

Comment

Working...
                              X