Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: MIJ Jackson DXMGT

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    I'm surprised no one has pointed out that your DXMGT is really a DKMGT.

DXMGT is a flat top with ugly headstock (IMO) and no boost.
    Cheers! I wasn't 100% sure on the model it's just what i was told and i'm not too up on jacksons.
    Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
    WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
    http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Re: NGD: MIJ Jackson DXMGT

I can't tell most of the DK models apart, either
      They made like 50 billion variations with relatively minor differences over the years

Anyhoo, here's a vid I did a few years ago with EMG HZ3s and an AfterBurner. The AB was set just enough to hear it (about 3, if it had a knob with numbers on it)

The backing track was from a song called Away, done by Chad Coggin, and posted online by a mutual acquaintance with his permission (after Chad down-sampled it, so it's got a bit of "interweb compression" to it already).

I really do like the tone with these pickups. They don't blow you away when you hear them directly, but once you hear them in playback you realize how easy they are to mix, at least for solos.
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Working...
      X