Stratocaster Doubleneck Wiring Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratocaster Doubleneck Wiring Help!!

Hi again folks. I have a new project that is frustrating me because I just cant seem to wrap my head around it. In the attached Picture I have a schematic for my Double neck strat which I am going to mod with Seymour Duncan Cool rails in the 12 string section and Seymour Duncan Hot rails in the 6 String section. The major problem I have, is that I have no Effing clue what to do to get a toggle between these two necks. The way that it is pictured below has both necks on at the same time and sounds disgusting.

Cheers, Kris.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doubleneck Wiring Diagram.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	5830376
    Attached Files

Re: Stratocaster Doubleneck Wiring Help!!

Neither of those switches will work. You'll need either a 3PDT switch, (hard to find), or a 4PDT switch, (easier to find but not use one terminal). You need to switch back and forth between the 3 hot wires of each pup that go to the 5-way. I can make a diagram when I get home tonight, but that should be self-explanatory.

Comment

Re: Stratocaster Doubleneck Wiring Help!!

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Neither of those switches will work. You'll need either a 3PDT switch, (hard to find), or a 4PDT switch, (easier to find but not use one terminal). You need to switch back and forth between the 3 hot wires of each pup that go to the 5-way. I can make a diagram when I get home tonight, but that should be self-explanatory.
      That would be amazing Artie!! I remember you helping me with my last project!

Cheers, Kris

Allparts.com I see has a 4PDT I think i would probably prefere the 3PDT but i might have to settle if i cant find one!
      Last edited by LesPaul1959; 09-21-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X