banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

I remember that PRS build. them's some old ass pictures dude! get crackin'!

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
      I remember that PRS build. them's some old ass pictures dude! get crackin'!
      haha no kidding brother.
      I've actually made a good bit more progress, just need to take more pics...and quit taking as many customer orders
      Last edited by Frogman; 08-30-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately no progress to report on my end. Work keeps getting in the way. long hours plus getting service calls on "my Fridays off". I am the only one in the area. The next closest person lives in Brownsville, 1 1/2 to 2 hours away, so it is only natural for me to get the call. But still......I am damn tired of getting that call on my day off. My wife was just busting my balls about working on the build 2 days ago. I told her the same thing.....her response.....excuses, excuses. She is partly right. It is great to have a wife that supports me in these things!
        Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
        If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Originally posted by J E C View Post
          Unfortunately no progress to report on my end. Work keeps getting in the way. long hours plus getting service calls on "my Fridays off". I am the only one in the area. The next closest person lives in Brownsville, 1 1/2 to 2 hours away, so it is only natural for me to get the call. But still......I am damn tired of getting that call on my day off. My wife was just busting my balls about working on the build 2 days ago. I told her the same thing.....her response.....excuses, excuses. She is partly right. It is great to have a wife that supports me in these things!
          scolloping jig too.

Comment

I took apart the weirdo Kahler/B Bender Esquire for a few finish touchups. Here is the body sanded down and ready for more black:

Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

My two (2) project guitars. Phoenix and an as yet unnamed GFS partscaster. Phoenix is the black body/rosewood neck the GFS guitar is the yellow one. The neck for the partscaster has been ordered and should be on the way starting Tuesday if it hasn't already gone out but I have not received any e-mails stating so. Yet. Enough of my mouth, on to the pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	5780714

Name:	DSCF1155.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	5780715

Name:	DSCF1156.jpg
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	5780716
              Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

TIGEREYELASER, that is a very nice yellow. Is there some big ass sparkle in that?
                Kramersteen, haven't forgotten. I see they let you back in the club house. LOL Nice job on the "I hope it is a shop"!
                If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

TIGEREYELASER, that is a very nice yellow. Is there some big ass sparkle in that?
                  Kramersteen, haven't forgotten. I see they let you back in the club house. LOL Nice job on the "I hope it is a shop"!
                  I do like the yellow as well and there IS a healthy dose of holographic glitter under the clearcoat. The GFS terminology is "Dano Flake"... I realized yesterday that I need to do some custom fitting of my pickguard on my Peavey. The pickguard screw holes line up but there is a discrepancy of a couple millimeters narrow around the neck pocket and the bridge humbucker is about 1/4" off center. I need a file to shave excess off of the neck pocket. Do I have one? No. I need a router or at least a set of chisels to widen the humbucker cavity. Do I have either one? No. This is becoming an expensive hobby but one I enjoy nonetheless. I also have a free afternoon and it is raining too hard to walk to harbor freight. (No umbrella. ella. ella.)

Good news, it stopped raining. I borrowed my neighbors bike and rode the 2 miles to Harbor Freight where I picked up a set of files, a set of chisels, some sandpaper and a soft faced mallet. $23 later and an exhausted sweaty Josh gets home and discovers that it takes like 40 minutes to mod the pickguard and body. Why does it take longer to get the stuff for the build than it does to do the work? Riddle me this... :P
                  Last edited by TIGEREYELASER; 08-31-2014, 04:56 PM.
                  Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                    #1 Need to rewire my 335:

I really hate working on semi-hollows, so I've been putting this one off for the better part of 2 years. It sounds great unplugged, but like most A2s I just don't get along with the '57 Classics. I have 4 new 500K pots, a pair of nickel '59s, and .015/.022 orange drops that I'll be wiring 50s style.
                    I was feeling ambitious this morning, so I tore the 335 apart and it was every bit the nightmare I was expecting. The pots wouldn't fit through the f-holes, but luckily the bridge pickup cavity worked fine. And thanks to the tips found here on the SD blog, pulling the pots back through was MUCH easier than the last semi-hollow I worked on. I only played clean for a few minutes, but the tone is everything I hoped for and then some. I'm looking forward to trying some OD tones after work tomorrow.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

• This is my MIJ Fender strat. It had a boring white SSS pickguard, so that got swapped with a black HSS loaded with 57/62's and a 78. This came off my black face o' melter seen here, waiting for Dimarzio 36 Ann/classic stack/Super D to show up in the mail.
                      https://www.rockstockpedals.com/

Comment

A customer job i will start today. To the right is the prepared artwork which i digitally printed on my own hand made fabric paper. This A2 size but i can also do 590 wide and continual length.

Here's a picture of some of it going through the printer. The quality is incredible considering what its being printed on. Before this i would have to find either tshirts, quilting fabrics, wall hangings or a4 material paper which costs the moon. Now i can basically do anything i want and this coupled with my graphic design skill should make for some rad graphic customs in the future.

Excuse the camera phone quality picture. i am just so happy that i discovered this and was able to convince a guy to let me run it through his printer. He is just as amazed as me that i was even able to pull it off.

Go go muscle real time update. Loaded fabs

I just laid out a rough sizing for that other frank frizzata picture and **** its perfect. That will make for a wicked custome one day soon. Adding to the to do list

I am thinking single humbucker/floyd rose would work

This should do the trick

Moist area
                        Last edited by kramersteen; 09-04-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

The SciFi pic is damn COOL! But then again, it's pretty hard to go wrong when there are robots and BOOBS involved!

Comment

The SciFi pic is damn COOL! But then again, it's pretty hard to go wrong when there are robots and BOOBS involved!
                            Oh yeah thats going to make for a special shred type guitar.

Not quite as cool but it will be for the customer. Going well

Comment

All trimmed up and starting to come together, The owner will be doing his own clear finishing so its come at a good price.

Comment

Tons of really cool stuff guys! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X