banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
    All trimmed up and starting to come together, The owner will be doing his own clear finishing so its come at a good price.

35 years ago or so I owned and MG Midget. Good car - looking like great guitar!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Diminished Triad View Post
      35 years ago or so I owned and MG Midget. Good car - looking like great guitar!!!
      Thanks man, Just hoping the owner likes it. He will

This will be the second guitar i have done with car graphics on it. The first one the ''kombi custom'' was an incredible finish its just a shame i wont ever get to play it,

Just looking at it now and thinking how rad it looks.

Last edited by kramersteen; 09-06-2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Thats me done

I have another mates job to finish next week.
        Last edited by kramersteen; 09-06-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0902.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	5780774
          Got this stung and wired over the weekend ,Jackson neck re-fretted with stainless steel frets ,Iroko body will have a poplar burl veneer top ,D Activator sounds ok but I much prefer the D Activator-X I have in another Ash bodied guitar
          https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Jazzmaster style. Top is a redwood burl veneer. Body is made of black walnut. I have a walnut neck with maple fretboard to go on this.

This pic was taken after I applied the black binding.

Comment

I just finished two one was a squier affinity fretless conversion the other a saga kit which I stripped the sealer and did a hand sunburst Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410204866.833714.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	5780782Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410204905.989381.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	5780783 now I'm working on a Jackson style I picked up from gfs factory clearance and I'm starting to plan my first real build have the body template just about finishedClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410204998.034579.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	5780784Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410205037.590423.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	5780785

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by genethomas View Post
                I have now received all of the parts for my Les Paul build. This is all going off to my guitar tech tomorrow for assembly. I'll post pics when its complete.

Precision Guitar Kits Contoured heel & belly cut Les Paul - 60's slim neck
                Faber Aluminium tailpiece
                Faber Bridge & hardware
                Faber keystone tuners
                David Barfuss Beano Bluesbreaker pickups
                Gibson plastics
                Gold speed knobs
                CTS 500k 5% TVT pots
                Alpha 500k push / push pot
                Switchcraft selector and jack
                Schaller straplocks
                Luxe Bumble Bee Woman Tone .015mfd & .022mfd capacitors[ATTACH=CONFIG]56514[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56515[/ATTACH]

All done and sounding and playing AWESOME!!

Name:	SAM_1973.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	5780795

Name:	SAM_1954.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	5780796

Name:	SAM_1974.jpg
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	5780797Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1975.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	5780798

Comment

^ I am not big on LPs but I love that burst. It is Tobacco burst right.
                  sigpic
                  Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                  JFG Flying V,
                  "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                  John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

It is but in different lighting conditions it has more of a 59 burst look to it.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm a newcomer here from the sunny UK!

I have just finished my first Warmoth, Seymour powered Telecaster. I have to say, I have had many guitars over the years, and have a 50th Anniversary Strat, and a 1957 Historic Les Paul, the Tele is one of the best sounding and playing guitars I've ever had, if not THE best!

I have used the Seymour Quarter Pounder a few times before, but never the Pat Cat (P90 in a hum bucker case). so that was my gamble (although I was very confident my gamble would pay off). And pay off it has! It has a beautiful tone and matches the output of the bridge pickup perfectly. I also took a lot of time screening the cavities with copper foil. I even screened the input socket cavity by rolling some foil and making sure it came through and overlapped on to the foil in the main control cavity. THIS GUITAR HAS NO NOISE! Absolutely quiet as a mouse. My American Strat is petty good as well, but the Les Paul is horrendous in comparison!

I have just ordered the parts for my next build which will be a "Telstar Deluxe" Telecaster swamp ash chambered body to increase harmonics and decrease weight, along with a quilt maple top. A Warmoth headstock neck will bolt on which will give it a bit of a hybrid look and feel. This is fitted with jumbo (6150) stainless steel frets and star pearloid inlays. The scale will be as per Gibson as well, 24.75 inches rather than the stock fender 25.5. The pickups will be two Seymour (what else!) mini hum buckers SH-2B bridge and SH-1N neck. The routing is at the rear so pickups will be mounted as per a Les Paul as there won't be any scratch plate to hide the gorgeous quilt top wood. All of the hardware will be gold, Schaller machines, Hipshot bridge and the body will be bound front and rear with pearloid as will the neck, which is a birds eye maple with rosewood fingerboard. Herein lies my issue. I can't seem to source gold versions of these pickups, and the SD custom shop doesn't seem to want to reply to my queries!

Here is my first effort. I still need to fit scratch plate screws which I've ordered, and give it a final buff

Name:	IMG_0050b.jpg
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	5781447

Name:	IMG_0051b.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	5781448

Name:	IMG_0052b.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	5781449

Name:	IMG_0053b.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	5781450

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	5781451
                      Last edited by PhilAngus; 10-29-2014, 09:13 AM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

Welcome to the forum. That guitar is damn sexy! Love the finish and the P90 in the neck just makes sense. That beast must rock.

Comment

Not really a build so much as a refinish... I burned the old boring black finish off, and I have started the nitro process. I was going to do acrylic lacquer, but I grabbed the wrong cans, and decided to just go with it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

This is a pine body that I torched and added a few coats of tru oil to. Now I need a neck.
                            https://www.rockstockpedals.com/

Comment

Bump

Comment

After having three projects going on at once, I vowed to never have more than one...that didn't last long.

Basswood Strat - Will probably go with a white paint job and a wooden pickguard stained black. Going with a Maple and Rosewood neck. Puckups will be a DiMarzio Liquifire in the neck and a SD Screamin Demon in the bridge...debating on a middle pickup...

Walnut Strat - Kinda unsure at this point...saw an awesome video of a Walnut Strat with a Maple neck and two DiMarzio Dominion pickups...te guitar sounded really good...just not sure at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X