banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Nice.

I see LOTS of incomplete builds and works in progress in this thread.

And I demand updates, on ALL OF THEM! (hence the bump)

Also, I will soon be getting some parts in which will go towards an HH pickguard for my '62RI strat. Not a huge deal, but I'm looking forward to it. I gotta route the cavities for the HH configuration. Should be a barrel of laughs seeing as I don't have a big beastly router at my disposal. But I do have forstner bits, chisels, a drill and a dremel, so I should be able to get the job done satisfactorily.

Comment

I recently got an '03 Squier Affinity Strat for $85. The neck is trashed - it looks like someone dressed the frets with 80 grit sandpaper or a cheese grater. The pickups are Indonesian and sound like crap. HOWEVER, the body is alder and in great shape free from dings and major abrasions. It will become an HH with wiring which I am now figuring out over in the pickup lounge. Got one pickup in and the other one is due here this week. I have a new neck on order from Warmoth. After I figure out the wiring, I'll order a pickguard from Warmoth. All done, I'll post a finished picture and furnish the details of what is done with it. I am having trouble getting a picture of it uploaded. It looks like every black Strat out there with a white pickguard.
      Last edited by rgand; 12-08-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I have an ash telecaster body routed for a single bridge filtertron, and a neck with a reverse Tele headstock which arrived last Friday. Started with the sealing but long way to go yet. Once I have completed it I shall post pictures, right now though it isn't too interesting!

Comment

I have two necks ready. Both with really long truss rods.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
            I have two necks ready. Both with really long truss rods.
            I'm waiting to see your Carved Magnum Opus

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
              I'm waiting to see your Carved Magnum Opus
              Hey thanks i am waiting too. GOt the neck ready for it anyway, its slow progress but it is happening.

Comment

Rome wasn't built in a day... just don't give up on it--it will be epic!

Comment

There are some really nice axes in this thread, I hate to bring it down with my epic eyesore.... but I am nearly finished with this guy.
                  Jackson Reversed Neck Warrior (I call it the Blood Warrior) Action is smooth, sounds killer with this X2n, and loving the heck out of the Killswitch. Divebombs, stutters, and all around FUN!

Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I like Fender offset and Gibson offset. Why not mix them et voila ... Fireblaster.
                    That board is solid spruce. Enough to make 3 Fender solid body styles (next project).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141130_150621297_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	5781871

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                      There are some really nice axes in this thread, I hate to bring it down with my epic eyesore.... but I am nearly finished with this guy.
                      Jackson Reversed Neck Warrior (I call it the Blood Warrior) Action is smooth, sounds killer with this X2n, and loving the heck out of the Killswitch. Divebombs, stutters, and all around FUN!

you did good on that bro! looks badass!

Originally posted by elelpe View Post
                      I like Fender offset and Gibson offset. Why not mix them et voila ... Fireblaster.
                      That board is solid spruce. Enough to make 3 Fender solid body styles (next project).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59334[/ATTACH]
                      dude, that looks great! Looking forward to seeing it all finished with hardware and whatnot.

Comment

Only thing missing is ctn'ns build? Come on bud whats going on?

Comment

lol I ain't working on any builds at the moment.

Ain't got time or money for that.

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                            lol I ain't working on any builds at the moment rAlPH.

Ain't got time or money for that.

Comment

Just an update, neck came in today--found a used Musikraft Gibson scale conversion...will be interesting to see how this turns out...

Comment

Sorry, I don't have photos of the work in progress..........but I am working on a headless (the headstock broke off) neck-thru Star guitar and a brass topped tele partscaster

Comment

Working...
                                X