banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Most of you faglings are just assembling parts not actually building. hehe i kid i love it all. I LoVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn View Post
      Nice I like both of these.

Damn sexy baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Strange Guitars View Post

Cowgirls on Swamp Ash.

also very righteous

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wolf View Post
          Finished this week [ATTACH=CONFIG]61396[/ATTACH]

this be that sexy baby

Comment

Here's the vid of what I got done on my Kramer Beretta before it got too cold to finish the paint. Got it for $25, and have approx. $150 in it now, maybe another $20 when I get done painting.

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

I've been working on 4 teles for the past couple of years, finally getting round to finishing them! The White one I built from scratch from swamp ash, the stickered one is a squire and the other two are bodies I bought from eBay (red one: 1 piece hard ash, unfinished: 2 piece swamp ash)

our first drummer died in a bizzare gardening accident!

I won't dance in a club like this,
                'Cause all the girls are sluts,
                And the beer tastes just like piss.

Comment

before and after... Warmoth Alder body stained with Minwax Special Walnut
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	before-after.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	5784479

*EDIT* BTW, the spot in the middle of the neck pickup cavity, is were I tested some tru oil by itself. I had heard alder was horrible when staining, so I wanted to see if I liked it just oiled.
                  Last edited by Jermo3178; 03-06-2015, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Jer, that Alder stained like that looks pretty good. What else is going with/on it?
                    Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                    If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Not entirely set in stone yet... It was sposed to be a build with my kiddo, but kids and them there xstations, he lost interest. I decided on the walnut stain last week.. Maybe covered in tru oil.. I've got a set of WLH to go in it. Got a 9.5" radius neck with jumbo frets to go with it. I was going for a big elaborate wiring scheme but I haven't picked up the switch for it yet, just have a standard 3way for the time being. Gonna go for it soon though.

Comment

A quick mockup!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	5784480Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	5784481Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_3.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	5784482Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_4.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	5784483Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_6.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	5784484
                        Only two things to work out.
                        1) What finish to use on the body, neck peghead and heal. Nitro, Water based like Cristal Lac, or Polly? Has to be buffable to a high gloss shine. Neck shaft will have an oil and wax finish.
                        2) The electronics cover material. Koa, Maple or Bocote?
                        Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
                        If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Ok, here's my mahogany Ibanez body that I shall soon be attaching a neck and electronics to: Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5115.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	5784492

Getting ready to hit it with 7000 grit and call it a day.

Comment

^^
                            If you look closely, that reflection in the center is the coil of the lightbulb used to take the photo.

Comment

JEC, Demanic... those look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by J E C View Post
                                A quick mockup!
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]61542[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61544[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61546[/ATTACH]
                                Only two things to work out.
                                1) What finish to use on the body, neck peghead and heal. Nitro, Water based like Cristal Lac, or Polly? Has to be buffable to a high gloss shine. Neck shaft will have an oil and wax finish.
                                2) The electronics cover material. Koa, Maple or Bocote?
                                We have a winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X