banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by J E C View Post
    A quick mockup!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]61542[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61544[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61546[/ATTACH]
    Only two things to work out.
    1) What finish to use on the body, neck peghead and heal. Nitro, Water based like Cristal Lac, or Polly? Has to be buffable to a high gloss shine. Neck shaft will have an oil and wax finish.
    2) The electronics cover material. Koa, Maple or Bocote?
    Some very good looking wood.
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

jake, you need to get going on the Ash body, it will be gorges!
      Demanic, it's lookin good man! Get it together.
      Thanks people, I'm making progress! Got to go.....I'm carving the back of the neck shaft....Ya Freakin Hoo!
      Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
      If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

I'm seeing some mighty fine work here, pards. Way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by rgand View Post
          I'm seeing some mighty fine work here, pards. Way to go!
          I agree
          https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

I have been trying to get my **** together. I am struggling to find the energy, anyway i got some pictures done.......

I dont know what all those white dots are? I imagine some eggs of some sort. anyway i think i need to wash them down and try again...

Comment

Hey folks I need some advice. I'm at the dying stage of my project. A pine tele with a swamp ash top
              I'm on the fence on whether to dye the top red and grain fill black, then do the back and sides black paint, or just do the whole guitar black with red grain fill. I'm leaning towards the red top with black sides and back but I don't think I have seen a body like that. What do you think?
              Last edited by phred; 05-08-2015, 07:00 AM.
              https://www.rockstockpedals.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phred View Post
                Hey folks I need some advice. I'm at the dying stage of my project. A pine tele with a swamp ash top
                I'm on the fence on whether to dye the top red and grain fill black, then do the back and sides black paint, or just do the whole guitar black with red grain fill. I'm leaning towards the red top with black sides and back but I don't think I have seen a body like that. What do you think?
                Here's a link to a Warmoth body that is red dye top with a black back. I think this looks good. http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/Show...6#.VUy81pOQbgA

Comment

Denim Top ,you likey ?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	5785158

Comment

hey whats the plan with that? awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                      hey whats the plan with that? awesome.
                      Cream binding ,chrome humbucker cover ,rosewood fretboard ,not sure which knobs I prefer

Comment

Just removed the MDF veneer from the front and back of this one:

Name:	SAM_6372.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	5785159

Name:	SAM_6371.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	5785160

Will probably Tru Oil it and call it good enough.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
                          Cream binding ,chrome humbucker cover ,rosewood fretboard ,not sure which knobs I prefer
                          Are you going to seal the denim on or will it be all raw? haha

Comment

I wouldn't even stain it, I'd just do some sort of satin clearcoat. I guess I just like the natural look of some woods. Or as Dominus says, Tru-Oil.

Comment

I'd do a weird thing to that. Make it a multi species guitar . Hole saw much/most of the body , and fill with about 15 different tone woods.
                              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                                I'd do a weird thing to that. Make it a multi species guitar . Hole saw much/most of the body , and fill with about 15 different tone woods.
                                No you wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X