banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Getting ready. Still considering whether to rout for the neck single coil or leave it as it is. I know the pickup rout looks a bit nasty, only hand tools available! Tested with the pickup ring and nothing is left to be seen.

Somehow it looks that the neck mounting holes are different sized in the pic... Donīt know why.
    Jackson JS30
    Squier Strat ī99
    Project-Ibanez - something?
    Ex-Pinecaster - bad choice of wood, man

Comment

It is almost done.
      https://www.rockstockpedals.com/

Comment

Left handed Flying V I'm working on. Custom lefty pick guard just arrived.
        Lefty Gibson Flying V's are so hard to find, so I figured I'd make my own. Can't wait to get finished & playing!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying V pickguard.1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	5785712

Comment

BTW. Anybody knows what kind of knob Iīm going to need...? I have this kind of a pot for volume (no slots in the shaft), and none of the knobs I have fitted. http://pad2.whstatic.com/images/thum...ter-Step-1.jpg
          Last edited by BeatTheBastard; 06-24-2015, 11:10 AM.
          Jackson JS30
          Squier Strat ī99
          Project-Ibanez - something?
          Ex-Pinecaster - bad choice of wood, man

Comment

So i've been working on a tele build over the past few months.

Still gotta spray clearcoats and wet sand/buff.

Comment

That's an impressive amount of work in that carved top, CTN. Looking forward to seeing the finish on it.

Comment

Very nice!
                "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Sometimes a build is never done. I just took my Squier Frankencaster and did a pickup swap with some GFS 70's style SC pickups with ceramic magnets, they sound a metric buttload better than what was in there and I have a pic of the after. They're black and make my FrankenSquier look kinda classy. Here's the picture: Click image for larger version

Name:	Resampled_2015-06-29_19-19-38_551.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	5785751
                  Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderLizard View Post
                    My beloved but very damaged ML is on the bench right now. The lacquer finish on the neck was getting soft and tacky, the cracks in the body finish plus the fact I could easily see headstock repair all told me it was time to do a refinish. I feel BrianS's pain on thick finishes. The finish on the body of my ML is equally as thick and taking forever to strip. On the bright side the finish is much thinner on the neck.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54590[/ATTACH]
                    I just stripped my Fernandez retro rocket. It was a PAIN as well. Took a good two days so I know your pain. Luckily, the neck was a natural color with no poly. So light sandpaper took care of it. Good luck with the refinish. I'm still working on mine. Will post a picture of the status later on.
                    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	5785752

Took this SSS setup el cheapo Fernandez and turning it into a HSH PUNISHING machine.

Comment

Originally posted by CTN View Post
                        So i've been working on a tele build over the past few months.

Still gotta spray clearcoats and wet sand/buff.
                        VERY NICE build so far. You definitely know what you're doing looks like.

Comment

More pictures coming soon once other steps are completed.

Comment

I recently brought a '65 Silvertone back from the dead! It was at my parents' house for the past 35 years, and I had no idea was it was. Someone stripped and varnished everything (fretboard included) and painted the pick guard black. As I've gotten into guitars now, I went on a mission to find out what i could about it and bring it back to its glory. I knew nothing about how to do this. It was a great experience. Everything is original on it. The pickups work great and give it the great 60's sound. And I don't think I did such a bad job on it, if I do say so myself!Click image for larger version

Name:	4F84A55D-DC18-419E-9712-46980E7B41E5.jpg
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	5785756Click image for larger version

Name:	55DFF4FF-FE57-40A1-A219-3F190FDC5AA6.jpg
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	5785757Click image for larger version

Name:	D0E52593-14EC-4AF9-AD45-FE768CBA884A.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	5785758Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-1.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	5785759Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	5785760

Comment

Here's a quick mockup of my GK-55 getting a birthday refinish...

Name:	IMG_0250.JPG
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	5785780Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0251.JPG
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	5785781

Comment

I love natural finishes. Very nice looking bridge too.

Comment

Working...
                                X