banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Look at what I can do!!! It seems that all my guitar projects have me refilling holes in necks. Not a biggie, I'm getting good at it. The last guitar I worked on was my FrankenSquier. This one is part of a new build, I call her Squeavey. She has a Squier body and a Peavey neck. I hated the body on the Peavey but love her neck, best feeling neck I've ever laid hands on. But here's the neck, at least until the body arrives.Click image for larger version

Name:	Resampled_2015-07-08_00-58-47_906.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	5787880 Here's a temporary link to the body, it won't let me download normal sized pictures. here she is...
    Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

Looks like it'll be a good axe. If the Squier was an Affinity series, all the better.

Comment

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

ohhhh yeah duff man ^^ nice

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	5787923Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	5787924
            This is almost done!!! Finally!
            sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

This one aint electric but it's absollute madness. The guitar has 77 frets, count them if you like, and yet less than 2 octaves. Certain strings will have cuater tones, 1st & 2nd string will have some 8th tones and first string even a few 16th tones. Sixth and third string have the normal 1/2 tone frets.
              Attached Files

Comment

Dude, just play slide... ;-)
                "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
                  Dude, just play slide... ;-)
                  Haha! That's exactly what I told the guy who asked me to make that guitar! He said no, so I replied "how about a fretless?", but noo he was insistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickmag01 View Post

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                    This is the first time I have seen a single pickup Iceman besides mine. With the exception of the first gen Steve Miller Model which came stock with a single pickup back in 1975.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitaraxz View Post
                      This one aint electric but it's absollute madness. The guitar has 77 frets, count them if you like, and yet less than 2 octaves. Certain strings will have cuater tones, 1st & 2nd string will have some 8th tones and first string even a few 16th tones. Sixth and third string have the normal 1/2 tone frets.
                      I must say, I've never seen anything like that before. Had to be interesting, maybe even fun, to make though.

Comment

I have to say I dig the green color! I was wondering why I couldn't see the inlay very well on the upper frets then it dawned on me that they're scalloped!!! Very nice guitar man! Mine simply don't compare as far as looks go but I like workhorse strats that I can ding and dent and add character to. I'd be too scared I'd scratch that beautiful sassy grassy green finish!!!

Originally posted by Nickmag01 View Post
                        Squier Bullet Special or a Squier Partscaster into a ZOOM G1Next into either a Fender Frontman 25R or a Vox Pathfinder 15R.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and defeat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

I like to remember that Jesus loves me, even if everyone else thinks I'm a pain in the butt...

Comment

Does anyone else have guitar building ADD? I was willing to test the depths of my guitar building knowledge with my Squeavey UNTIL I saw a red, mint condition, Peavey Raptor body on evil-bay. It was too good a deal to pass up and I now have TWO guitars in the works. My Peavey may yet rise from the ashes!!! Now I have a fully loaded Squier body "in transit" and I'm waiting for the shipping confirmation for my Peavey. I may do a single humbucker treatment for the Squier body. I already have 90% of the parts for the Peavey build, just waiting on new tuners and a body.

Comment

HA! You're cute... only two projects in the works... HA!*

*laughter may have slight tinges of lunacy or may even border on maniacal
                            Last edited by jtougas; 07-13-2015, 10:03 AM.
                            "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

So I'm not overwhelming myself I'm sticking with two builds. It was one until I saw the red finished Peavey Raptor body. You know how this goes, one becomes two becomes three, maybe eight. And I'm concerned, there is medication that can help you with any mania or psychosis you may be experiencing, talk to your mental health care professional about it.

Comment

Switched up the neck for a Maple USACG on the one I've been planning...

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                                1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                                1988 Kramer Nightswan
                                1989 Charvel Sambora
                                2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                                Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                                Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X