banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
    Ah, so keeping the red! Doesn't it have an all Maple neck?
    This particular model was painted the same as the body with a rosewood fingerboard. Yeah it was a toss up between red and black. Red won out. However I may try and find some white now that I'm thinking of it. But it don't have a place in my setting so maybe red and sell the body parts to whoever wants them.
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
      This particular model was painted the same as the body with a rosewood fingerboard. Yeah it was a toss up between red and black. Red won out. However I may try and find some white now that I'm thinking of it. But it don't have a place in my setting so maybe red and sell the body parts to whoever wants them.
      That's right! The ad had a Maple board. I think White would look best with the Rosewood board BUT typically I am not a fan of red in general. lol

Comment

With all the Explorer action going I thought I'd share an update on the set neck I'm building ,the guy who claimed it had some reverse headstock tuners he wanted to use so I have started making a Maple neck with a Zebrawood fretboard

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_117.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	5789143Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_117.5.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	5789144Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_118.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	5789145
        https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
          Slowly working here. On a different note i have obtained a heap of second hand materials for my workshop i plan to build. A huge pile of hardwood for framming and some used iron. Happy.

This logo was made from a maple veneer i ran through my canon pixma printer. Its a method i haven't heard anyone else mention but damn it works well. Its a change from slide decals and i like how it retains the grain of the maple.

Dang foot in there again.,

Ah yes and my final plans for my set of two tele shredder style guitars. One bridge was donated by will-st the legend. The other which will be used on these plans i am hoping to be that concept bridge i am getting made.

HS 7 string humbucker and a 7 string single on 6 string. I want to paint it green and call it The booger man.

This wood was salveged from a kitchen reno. It came from the house i grew up in and was harvested from the land. Its over 150 years old and passes the knock test. aiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Here is more just for fun, Some skulls hehe and some fabric printed on the right to be used.
          I love you!!!!
          So far ive been laser printing on transparency paper from staples for custom graphics. Or on my tele its an artist hand drawing with acrylic then lacquered. (Be careful because usually acrylic will melt under lacquer when spraying.) this stuff held up strong with no problems. I will have to try printing on veneers. Thnx. Looks great too. The body in the drawing looks awesome and the head looks cool. Thumbs up!

Comment

Thanks i love you to. haha

I did some green ring inlays. they turned out great.

I did them using these

And the material
            Last edited by kramersteen; 11-12-2015, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Looks like your doing some good work Raph! I like the looks of the single cut away body design, and the one with the bamboo looks great!
              Where Words Fail, Music Speaks
              If a positive attitude is a Magnet for positive results, what type positive attitude sounds best, A2, A5, UOA5, A8, C8, or?

Comment

Originally posted by J E C View Post
                Looks like your doing some good work Raph! I like the looks of the single cut away body design, and the one with the bamboo looks great!
                Are look who came rolling on back. haha thanks bud.

Comment

This is my latest. MJT one piece swamp ash body, Musikraft Gibson scale neck with a 12" radius and 22 medium jumbos, EMG-T set. I like it quite a bit, but am considering making it into a TeleGib.

Comment

Quick mockup. Bridge pu is actually just couple of coils slammed together to look like one, just for the pic.

Not a build tho, but Partscaster.
                    Jackson JS30
                    Squier Strat ´99
                    Project-Ibanez - something?
                    Ex-Pinecaster - bad choice of wood, man

Comment

Originally posted by BeatTheBastard View Post

Not a build tho, but Partscaster.
                      That counts in my book.

Comment

Doing an EVH inspired style - Purpleheart with Maple stripes

Name:	12348399_766373216800565_1068571485_n.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	5789364

Maple neck - reverse banana headstock \m/

Name:	12346625_766498153454738_1590650361_n.jpg
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	5789365

Maple fretboard with a Purpleheart stripe

Name:	12325339_766498390121381_927082110_n.jpg
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	5789366
                        https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

That is tip top , duper supe ^^ awesome, rad, gnarly coolness ^^

Comment

Cut some black hearted sassafrass drop tops this morning for an 8 string build. Will post more pics as build progresses if anyone's interested?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by harmonix1234 View Post
                              Cut some black hearted sassafrass drop tops this morning for an 8 string build. Will post more pics as build progresses if anyone's interested?

Hell yeah I'm interested! Post more pics!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Most recent build.
                                Swamp Ash Body
                                Flame maple top
                                Canadian Rock Maple neck
                                Ebony board 24.625" scale
                                Gotoh bridge
                                Sperzel locking tuners
                                Good times

Last edited by harmonix1234; 12-08-2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X