banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

I am working on a transparent stealth guitar so my wife can't see it can't show because hopefully you won't be able to see it.

Comment

The cavities on the sunburst body look like they are chiseled by hand, is that so?

Comment

• Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
        The cavities on the sunburst body look like they are chiseled by hand, is that so?
        No clue... I purchased it used through Reverb.com. They're certainly NOT smooth, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if you're at least partially correct. If I were to guess, they look like a router was used... but then there are areas where they look like the router "skipped" or something. I've never used a router, so it's kinda hard for me to explain. Here's a close-up of the cavity... any guesses?

The little pieces of bare wood that look like shavings stuck in the finish are actually "attached," as if they were areas that were high before the finish was applied and THEN they were chiseled off. The neck pocket is much smoother than the other routs, and all the "public" areas that won't be behind the pickguard, etc. are nearly perfect.

[emoji450] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [emoji441]
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
          Maple neck w/ rosewood fretboard. I'm gonna try out my finishing skills on this one:

I got it rom GuitarFetish's Factory Buyout Clearance Sale when they were blowing out a bunch of necks at $15 a pop. I figure that at that price I could afford to take a chance with a) me messing it up, or b) the neck being crap. If it turns out that I don't like it, I'll probably go to Warmoth... but I kinda want to try my hand at making this one work first!
          That will look great. I hope that $15 neck turns out to be a fine one.

Comment

Originally posted by rgand View Post
            That will look great. I hope that $15 neck turns out to be a fine one.
            Lol... Me too! At that price it seems too much to ask, but it's worth a shot anyway! [emoji12]

Comment

Scallop it!!!
              "Scalloped & Stickered"
              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
                Scallop it!!!
                No way! I'm Not THAT brave!

Comment

"Scalloped & Stickered"
                  A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Hey, anyone know a good place to get a custom headstock decal made? Been searching online a bit, but it's hard to tell who's good and who's not!

Comment

Search ebay young fella.

Lots of people doing custom printing on there.

Comment

I saw some there, but wasn't sure about them. Does it make much difference?

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                          I saw some there, but wasn't sure about them. Does it make much difference?

Um difference compared to what? just find one with good feedback and you ''should'' be sweet.

Comment

ok so it's not a build yet but check out this timber i have been playing with. The boards warped a bit after maching but they are settling down and i will weigh them down and sticker them for a month or so.

Comment

Not so much a build as a heavy modification. I'm taking a parts-tele with a blah sounding ash body and making it a semi-hollow with a quilt top and 3 pups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
                              Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Some nice stuff going on.

Kramersteen, I like the grain in those boards. Hope you can get them flattened to your liking.

Rumblebox, I'm looking forward to seeing how that tele comes out. It sure looks like a good mod. It'll be interesting to see how it sound afterwards. Are you going to cut an F-hole in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X