banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
    That's awesome! Really digging that lower bout. Does it serve a function as well or just look really cool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The happy accident occured. In ’88, one of Sutcliffe’s employees was operating a pin router while working on a Matsumoku-made Westone body. The router hit a knot in the wood near the treble cutaway, damaging the body, which was then set aside. But overnight, another employee put a neck on it. The next day, it became the joke/”gash” guitar. Sutcliffe picked it up, played it, and hear amazing first – and – second string tone with no phase cancelation. He worked with it a little, including expanding the gash – and the Dana Scoop was born. As he experimented more, he discovered that the resonance he wanted only happened when the scoop appeared at the 24th fret."

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
      You sir are amazing! Awesome color and I love the vintage copper hardware!

Well done indeed!
      Thank you. The color is close to the original eggshell white. I will add another picture where you can see the original color under the clear guard. Originally I was going to do some steampunk/gears under the guard but really like how it looks clear.

Comment

Originally posted by rgand View Post
        Fret access deluxe! Looks really good. Nice work. Well worth the time.
        When I found this guitar it was a mess. The term cavity had been routed further to make room for a cheap fastload Floyd knockoff.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
          The Dana scoop would be a great name.
          I owned one of the very first ones made. Then a friend in a hot local band had to have it. No big deal I thought. Sold it to him and ordered another. Three months later they told me it was sold out.

Fast forward ten years and I found another one. Loved it. It was perfect. But I got the chance to buy a Jeff Beck Strat (which listed for $1900 and streeted for $1400) at a great price new. So...

This one popped up on CL about an hour south of me and I couldn't pass it up. The core guitar with case was $150. I have about $650 into the hardware, electronics and pickups.

Comment

I've made a few with the scoop as well

Click image for larger version

Name:	1981997_524866874299281_1102497303_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	5796641

Name:	429803_171905772928728_117767971_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	5796642

Name:	406158_242447779207860_1287219988_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	5796643
            https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Was hoping you'd chime in!!!
              "Scalloped & Stickered"
              A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

So here are some better pics. I decided to name her "Ashleigh," and she's beautiful!

I took her with me to band practice tonight and WOW do I really like these pickups!! GFS Gold Foil single coils matched set. The best way I can describe them is to say that they're very chimey and you can really hear the sound of the strings in them. Sound great clean AND dirty, and I'm very impressed!

Here's a couple shots from practice tonight. I'm hoping to find time this weekend to make a video or two so you can hear these things.

Originally posted by The Commodores?
                "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Something doesn't look right ^^ Come on wheres the shirt?

Comment

Something doesn't look right ^^ Come on wheres the shirt?
                    Sorry to disappoint... I went straight from work to practice! [emoji12]

Comment

Something doesn't look right
                      No beer cans/liquor bottles on teh shelves...
                      ?

Guitar looks great assembled,glad it's playing nice!!!
                      "Scalloped & Stickered"
                      A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

I took her with me to band practice tonight and WOW do I really like these pickups!! GFS Gold Foil single coils matched set. The best way I can describe them is to say that they're very chimey and you can really hear the sound of the strings in them. Sound great clean AND dirty, and I'm very impressed!
                        Looks awesome and sounds like I'm gonna need to try a set!

Just curious and it may be the camera angle–do they not offer the bridge in Trem spaced?

Comment

Fine guitar, there. Those gold foils look good installed. Glad to hear they sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                            Looks awesome and sounds like I'm gonna need to try a set!

Just curious and it may be the camera angle–do they not offer the bridge in Trem spaced?
                            Thanks!

...and no... just the one offering for the bridge pup. It fits perfectly into the pickguard, though (no extra space on the edges) and the trem is standard sized for a Strat, so I figured the spacing discrepancy was typical.

Comment

Thanks!

...and no... just the one offering for the bridge pup. It fits perfectly into the pickguard, though (no extra space on the edges) and the trem is standard sized for a Strat, so I figured the spacing discrepancy was typical.

Thanks for the info! I've never had any issues with tone from the spacing being off...more of an OCD thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Firebrand View Post
                                When I found this guitar it was a mess. The term cavity had been routed further to make room for a cheap fastload Floyd knockoff.

Sounds like quite a chore you had there... Do you have any pics of it before or during the redo?
                                87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X