banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Originally posted by silvertonebetty View Post
    I would but I’m that broke it’s not funny I could barely afford a 85cent peanut butter ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's been sitting in my parts box for at least 3 years, so I'm in no hurry to sell it. If you change your mind I'll let it go for $60 shipped to Canada.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
      It's been sitting in my parts box for at least 3 years, so I'm in no hurry to sell it. If you change your mind I'll let it go for $60 shipped to Canada.
      Does it it come with the bigsby ? Usd or cad

Comment

Originally posted by silvertonebetty View Post
        Does it it come with the bigsby ? Usd or cad

I was thinking USD, and I don't have a spare Bigsby, sorry. If that seems steep, I'll consider any reasonable offer since I really won't have any use for it.
        Last edited by dystrust; 06-16-2018, 05:49 PM.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          I was thinking USD, and I don't have a spare Bigsby, sorry. If that seems steep, I'll consider any reasonable offer since I really won't have any use for it.
          Il think about it

Comment

Kramer Project Body #2 arrived today - ‘87 Pacer Custom I Body which will be getting an ‘83 Kramer Voyager Lefty Neck, Chrome OFR German R3 Nut/Gotoh SG-38 Tuners, Seymour Duncan '95 SSL-1/'95 SSL-1 RWRP/2018 Custom Shop MJ “Slightly Hotter” RTM TB, DiMarzio 500k Volume/3 On-Off DPDT, Top Mount 2017 Floyd Original “1984” Chrome w/42mm BBB. Need to decide if I’m going to refinish or leave it a Natural Relic.

Should go well with the 2017 Warmoth Pro Rosewood Neck/1989 Kramer F6K Body Project: Black R3 Nut/Tuners, Vintage Late 70s NOS DiMarzio SDS-1 9.37k/Late 70s NOS SDS-1 9.05k /2018 DiMarzio Tone Zone F Blue, Volume/Tone/Tone/5 Way/Bridge HB On/Off DPDT, Recessed 1986 Floyd Original Black w/34mm BBB.

Haven't "felt the love" for putting anything together for a while now but I am enjoying these two. I'd still rather piece together an old Super Strat with Duncans or DiMarzios and an OFR for under $500.00 with top shelf parts than buy just about anything new.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 06-25-2018, 04:46 PM.
            MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
            1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
            1988 Kramer Nightswan
            1989 Charvel Sambora
            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
            Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
            Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

3 Black DPDT Switches away from having all the parts I need.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 06-26-2018, 08:15 AM.
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
              1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
              Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
              Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

I made a glitter sparkle strat with rattle cans. Then I added Minwax wipe on poly and it yellowed the white finish. I sanded it away and restarting the whole paint job again.
                Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Not a fan of the minwax wipe on poly.

Comment

You need to be using a waterborne poly of some sort if you want it to be non-yellowing. The oil based ones are great for wood-tones, but suck if you have any kind of normal color underneath there… Unless, of course, you want that color to turn yellow!
                    Originally posted by The Commodores?
                    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Finished (finally) my Warmoth Iceman Bass: Roasted Swamp Ash body, Roasted Maple neck, Bill Lawrence USA EB-50 & EB-60 pickups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2917.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	5808744

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                        Finished (finally) my Warmoth Iceman Bass: Roasted Swamp Ash body, Roasted Maple neck, Bill Lawrence USA EB-50 & EB-60 pickups.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90742[/ATTACH]
                        Looks great Trey! [emoji1303]
                        Originally posted by The Commodores?
                        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                          Looks great Trey! [emoji1303]
                          Thank you! Really enjoying!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90742[/ATTACH]
                            NUMNUMNUMNUM

Comment

I actually like that a lot!!
                              I’ve never cared for the Iceman shape in a 6 string guitar but it looks pretty killer as a bass

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                                I actually like that a lot!!
                                I’ve never cared for the Iceman shape in a 6 string guitar but it looks pretty killer as a bass
                                Thanks! I really dig it. It has the tummy cut, heel and forearm contour–super comfortable to play. I think the Fender Headstock plus vintage looking tuners compliments the body well.

Anywho, Warmoth was awesome as usual–they are extremely helpful and have the best customer service. To anyone reading, I give them the highest recommendation.

Comment

Working...
                                X