banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Click image for larger version

Name:	strat-tele heel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	5800722

Comment

Originally posted by kirby15 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]81245[/ATTACH]

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/faq2.aspx
      They forgot to mention one KEY part:

A tele heel cut down to strat pocket shape WILL seat fully AND line up the scale length correctly.

Shave the shoulders and you're in business
      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Here's my Tele I've been working on for a minute. The body is an alder Warmoth body that I stained with Minwax Golden Oak then finished with a few light coats of Minwax Wipe On Poly. The neck is an Allparts TMO-Fat that I got in a trade. I think it was originally all nitro finished, but the previous owner sanded the back of the neck down and put True Oil on it. The bridge pickup is a Cavalier Nocaster. I've got it wired up like an Esquire while I wait on my Zhangbucker (Telebucker 3) for the neck position. Never had an Esquire before and I'm finding the different positions interesting. I used the simple Esquire wiring diagram found in one of the old threads on TDPRI with 250k pots, a .022 cap for the 1st switch position, and a .047 cap for the tone pot.

Name:	19396721_10158929718745441_8144172099540841592_n.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	5800786

I kinda like the finish, but I kinda don't. I originally planned to paint it silver or shell pink. It ended up like this just so I could play it sooner. I might take it back apart down the road and spray it. Accidentally ordered a three hole Brent Mason style control plate and thought about using 2 volumes and a tone, but full sized CTS pots won't fit next to each other with the tiny bit of space. Gonna have to order another plate or maybe add some kind of switch in that middle hole once the Zhangbucker gets here. Right now it is what it is and it sounds good.
        Last edited by Cdwillis; 06-22-2017, 07:58 AM.
        "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

^^ I actually like the finish for the body. It looks great. It makes the neck pop out a little more too. Nice contrast between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also like the finish. It's just dark enough to accent the neck but not dark enough to mask the beauty of the wood. Looks great.

I've been toying with the idea of Broadcaster wiring on my next Tele-type build. I'm undecided on that but I do like the older Tele wirings like the Broadcaster and Esquire (like yours).

Comment

Originally posted by Cdwillis View Post
              Here's my Tele I've been working on for a minute. The body is an alder Warmoth body that I stained with Minwax Golden Oak then finished with a few light coats of Minwax Wipe On Poly. The neck is an Allparts TMO-Fat that I got in a trade. I think it was originally all nitro finished, but the previous owner sanded the back of the neck down and put True Oil on it. The bridge pickup is a Cavalier Nocaster. I've got it wired up like an Esquire while I wait on my Zhangbucker (Telebucker 3) for the neck position. Never had an Esquire before and I'm finding the different positions interesting. I used the simple Esquire wiring diagram found in one of the old threads on TDPRI with 250k pots, a .022 cap for the 1st switch position, and a .047 cap for the tone pot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81356[/ATTACH]

I kinda like the finish, but I kinda don't. I originally planned to paint it silver or shell pink. It ended up like this just so I could play it sooner. I might take it back apart down the road and spray it. Accidentally ordered a three hole Brent Mason style control plate and thought about using 2 volumes and a tone, but full sized CTS pots won't fit next to each other with the tiny bit of space. Gonna have to order another plate or maybe add some kind of switch in that middle hole once the Zhangbucker gets here. Right now it is what it is and it sounds good.
              Nice! The TMO-FAT is one of my favorite necks. The O in TMO means no finish, BTW. If it came from AllParts with a nitro finish it would be a TMNF-FAT.
              Nope...

Comment

This build for my uncle is almost ready for lacquer....

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realie they had their own nitro finished necks. I assumed the guy did the finish himself. I got my Telebucker from zhangbucker yesterday and got it wired into the guitar. It balances pretty well with the Nocaster in the bridge. Played it through my friends Boogie last night and man it does sound sweet. It's a bit too warm with the 250k pots so I'm gonna have to change the pots or wire a resistor so each pickup sees the proper pot value. Pretty happy with it as is though.

Name:	IMG_4010.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	5800833
                  "An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Who's working on a build right now? Let's see your stuff!

Loving it. Can't go wrong with a good tele

Comment

Argh! Bit on this neck so let's see where it goes ...

but I did grab this as well...

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 06-29-2017, 02:03 PM.
                      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                      1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                      1988 Kramer Nightswan
                      1989 Charvel Sambora
                      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                      Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                      Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
                        I ended up outsourcing this project since it was out of my league. I'm pretty excited about it *nonetheless! I'll be doing the electronics for it.

Look forward to seeing that one!!!
                        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                        1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                        1988 Kramer Nightswan
                        1989 Charvel Sambora
                        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                        Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                        Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

I recently saw it. I'll try and take pics next time. It has a tummy cut and beveled edges. It looks super clean.

Comment

Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
                            Got the binding glued on yesterday ,untaped and scraped clean today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63506[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63504[/ATTACH]
                            Bumped for moth_baller courtesy of Kirby.

That turned out so well!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                              Bumped for moth_baller courtesy of Kirby.

That turned out so well!
                              Thanks, Did you see it finished?

Name:	1796450_910128429106455_3868403865759984630_n.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	5800992
                              https://www.facebook.com/ChaozGuitars

Comment

Originally posted by ChAoZ View Post
                                Thanks, Did you see it finished?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81786[/ATTACH]
                                That's awesome looking. Denim? I'm looking at doing my ibanez as a fabric top.

Comment

Working...
                                X