banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, What Is The Concensus On The Newer MIM Charvel San Dimas And Pro Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, What Is The Concensus On The Newer MIM Charvel San Dimas And Pro Mod?

Originally posted by AZRippster View Post
    Being that I'm 49 and my mom is in her 70's, well, I don't need to defend myself.
    HAhahahaha oh man thatks for the laugh.

Whats moms opinion on charvels and the state of your bedroom?

Comment

In post #29, why am I quoted as saying that?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        In post #29, why am I quoted as saying that?
        I thought that too. I looked at the post and your name for a good minute.

Comment

My apologies Jolly, it has been corrected.

Comment

No worries

Comment

Originally posted by AZRippster View Post
              To begin with, personal attacks truly reflect the kind of person attacking. Wow, I'll leave it at that.

Most OFR do come with R2 nuts unless otherwise requested. This being a compound radius neck at 1 11/16" would require a different nut. That is why Floyd offers a multitude of nut sizes. Just check out their website. You can also pair whatever nut is required through other vendors like Warmoth with no up-charge. The use of an aftermarket nut was a cost savings for Charvel/Fender. That is all I was pointing out and kinda sketchy.

No, they did not say it was a 3-piece body, I agree, and that's why I didn't say they outright lied. Just a fuzzy truth.

Regarding the finish, you're correct in that it didn't take an entire week with the heat gun, and no, I used a commercial heat gun used for stripping (and I often use it for heat shrink as well). Being that I'm 49 and my mom is in her 70's, well, I don't need to defend myself. The entire process took a week. I may not have been clear about that, I apologize. I also work full time, so it was only my evenings that I had time to work on the guitar. I focused on using stripper in order to be sure to not remove wood unnecessarily. I used both Formby's and Klean Strip Aircraft Paint Stripper.

I played the guitar through my Marshall JVM 410 combo and a JCM 2000 half-stack with V30's I've modded with MM transformers, choke, and a couple other mods. I do have a MB Mark V, but I didn't try it through that.

Not sure what a troll post is, I'm not a big chatter on forums. I would rather spend my free time playing than pontificating. I only provided what I found after breaking the guitar down so that others had the facts. Obviously my "sounds dead" comment is truly subjective, however the other findings are fact.

Sorry for hurting your feelings, maybe some big boy pants are in order. Or, you actually work for Fender and this just ticked you off. Sorry, sometimes the truth or facts can be painful.
              Interesting discussion...

I have an older MIA Charvel So-Cal from when they had the concurrent MIA and MIJ production. When I look at the finish from the right angle I can see the body seam through the paint where two pieces are glued.

I don't think most manufacturers tell you whether it's single piece vs glued. I think you are being a bit critical there.

For the floyd they use a Korean copy of the Made in Germany original floyd, which is only available to OEM manufacturers. Looking at the pdfs on the Floyd Rose web site they have different nuts listed for the Original Germany Floyd and the Korean copy.

So if you have the FRSO-2000 or whatever it's called it does seem to specify different nuts for whatever reasons.

Comment

I was that close to buy me a MIM Pro Mod with a humbucker and a single coil but making truss rod adjustments by unscrewing the neck is just retarded.

Comment

I just returned (exchanged) my Charvel Pro Mod. It played well, sounded good and looked nice. I had the black see through maple top. Heavy guitar weight wise.
                  I kept hearing a click when I would pick it up and play it. The tuning was always going slightly out. Finally figured out the neck mounting screws were not tight - seriously not tight. I tightened them as tight as acceptable, but the problem persisted. So I sent it back for a set neck guitar of the same price. Much happier now.
                  Originally posted by Ball&Chain
                  Orange beer just doesnt taste near as good as red. Im sure you will find that in the bible somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X