my ibanez am-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my ibanez am-50

this is the only guitar i have without duncans ... these are mid-80's Bill Lawrence 500XLs .. the 4-way chicken head rotary knob gives me neck only / neck and bridge (in phase) parallel / neck and bridge (out of phase) parallel / bridge only .. the toggles are for each pickup's internal series/parallel .. master tone & master volume

made in japan

with all this talk of ibanez semi-hollows, i just thought i'd share

cheers,
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: my ibanez am-50

Very nice AM-50! Mine is all original with the Super58s. It sounds awesome, but I'm contemplating a Seth or Antiquity in the Neck...

Comment

sweet axe - i can almost remember when mine looked like that

thanks
      t4d
      gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

nice axes guys.....

tone4days, care to post a pic of you other ibanez, the one that is in your avatar? (love that guitar, lol)
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Hey Tone; Very nice!

Now you're making it harder for me to decide which new Ibby to get.

Comment

thanks guys

yeah xerxes .. if the rain stops, i'll snap a newer one of my 540s ... i want to do it outside to avoid the flash .. i've found that using the flash really overpowers the tigerstriping in the maple top .. i am hoping natuiral daylight will let it show through

artie, good luck in your search .. i was interested to read that you have found the ibanez current offerings to be hit-or-miss, and independent of price point ... i am sure you'll be able to put your hands on one you feel comfortable with

cheers,
            t4d
            Last edited by tone4days; 04-11-2004, 11:52 AM.
            gear list in profile

Comment

Working...
            X