• Show
Clear All

• I got a new guitar.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 2
    Iced tea
    60's neck

Got a good deal that I will explain later

All great stuff

Bad news--- I'm on a plane to the Midwest for work while the guitar is heading to my house the opposite way

Should be delivered tomorrow

I get back Friday night

aaaaaaaghh!!!!!!!!!

Re: I got a new guitar.

Nice. Can't wait to see pics.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Congrats! I have the same guitar with the Merlot finish. Its a fantastic instrument.
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Nice, congrats!
        Looking forward to seeing it when you get a chance to post a pic.
        “Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.” - Jerry Garcia

“If it's worth playing, it's worth playing loud!” - Mickey Hart
        ---------------
        Current Gear:
        Fender CD-60 All Mahagony
        2013 60's CV Strat
        Mustang II v.2

Comment

I have a feeling that thing is gonna look fantastic...

Comment

Cat approved

Comment

Congrats!! I havent played a trad pro 2. But I have trad pro and love it! At first I wanted a black one, but I played this wine red one and it felt so good and sounded so right that I couldnt stop thinking about it for days. Went back cuz I just had to play it again and make sure I wasnt just building it up in my head. WOW again. But alas... It had aquired some scuffs from other clowns playing it since I had previously.. But it was just so special I had to get it, scuffs and all. Enjoy that beasty!
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Congrats! Iced tea is such a gorgeous color.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I actually get to see it tonight

Wife only sent me the pic above yesterday to torture me

Comment

AND ONE WITH IT'S BUDDY

Last edited by blakejcan; 11-11-2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

That is a beautiful guitar, congrats!

Comment

great success

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

and now, a longwinded account of how I got a reasonable deal on this guitar and then I'm done.

4 months ago Musician's Friend had a deal on gift certificates for 15% off. I bought one for $425 which got me $500 in gift certificate
                            2 months after that they had another deal on gift certificates for 10% off. I bought one for $900 which got me $1000 in gift certificate
                            Then I waited and poured over every stupid deal on a les paul on any site I could find because MF does price matching
                            Eventually I found Guitar Center had temporarily dropped the Les Paul Trad Pro 2 down to $1699. Since they are the other arm of MF I figured they'd have no problem matching the price.
                            I called MF, they matched the price. Then they balked at giving me the Iced Tea at that price because it was the only color still listed at $1999. Then they gave in on that.
                            I then mentioned that if I bought it on GC I could buy it through ShopDiscover and get another 5% off. They honored that as well.

If I'd just bought it at full price it would have been $2159 w/ tax
                            I netted out at $1568

Plus if I see it cheaper within 45 days MF will owe me the difference. 45 days carries us right into mid December which is blowout territory.

Not bad. Used ones are about that much and mine is untouched. And now that I've had a couple days with it, man, it sure feels nice. Heavy, solid, tons of sustain and I dig the satin neck. Feels good and smooth. Still need to kick the wife and baby out of the house for a few hours so I can crank it up but no regrets at all.

Comment

Really nice. Great deal, too
                              "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Working...
                              X