banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Aren't there More Female Guitar Players, Especially Electric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why Aren't there More Female Guitar Players, Especially Electric?

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
    DreX, do you have any examples of these "only in it for the booty" rock stars, and how does this tie in with the original topic?
    Sorry, that one's my fault, due to a bunch of people saying that girls don't like guitar itself but guys that play guitar.
    Nope...

Comment

Regarding the original topic, I think we've come to a collective realization that having a bunch of guys ask "why don't girl's do XYZ... ???" is somewhat embarrassing on the face of it and we can only hope that no actual girl ever happens upon this unfortunate spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
        "Sir Paul: ... The whole thing about getting into a band was to get girls, basically. Money and girls. Probably girls first. "

Just who would Paul McCartney choose for a chat about fashion, favourite bands and the cost of infamy?
        All that hype and only one example? Why am I not surprised?
        Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
          I think some rock stars admitted they only got in a band to meet chicks, especially the lead singer types who don't really care about the guitar itself
          Singers, yes. Guitar is too much work to play well if all you want is to pick up chicks. I can't see those guys sticking with it.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
            Singers, yes. Guitar is too much work to play well if all you want is to pick up chicks. I can't see those guys sticking with it.
            I think some stars just say it to be funny. Like Paul McCartney: I don't think a talent like that just happened to be there, and popped up luckily because of a ploy to meet girls.

Comment

Well they were singing/writing a lot of love songs.

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
                I think some stars just say it to be funny. Like Paul McCartney: I don't think a talent like that just happened to be there, and popped up luckily because of a ploy to meet girls.
                He's was too talented, and put far too much effort into bass and guitar to have done it for that reason. The guy changed popular music.
                "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                  No it wasn't. I rode that train from high school to Berklee

Comment

Sir Paul's initial motivations certainly differed from his later motivations, but the question was why anyone got into a rock band, or learned guitar, and not necessarily why they stuck with it.
                    Last edited by DreX; 02-23-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you have to stick with an instrument to actually start a real rock band.

Comment

Idea 2

Hairbrush attachment on headstock.

Comment

You forgot the mirror.
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                            You forgot the mirror.
                            Idea 3

Circus style Mirror that makes you look thinner.

Comment

Idea 4

Cheap blush wine dispenser.

Comment

Idea 5

Sex And The City graphics

Comment

Working...
                                X