This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: making cheap guitars awesome

I didn't say it's impossible to prove, but it does remain unproven.

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
      I know this cool race that's going on at the moment and i could enter you in it if you like?

But first how old are you?

Comment

You said it's unprovable, not unproven.

Comment

I meant that you can't cite a reference to prove your case as of this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
            I know this cool race that's going on at the moment and i could enter you in it if you like?

But first how old are you?
            Let the adults talk man! Gosh Tina!

Comment

I meant that you can't cite a reference to prove your case as of this moment.
              you should have gotten a job with the communications department in the Bush administration if you honestly believe that made any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
                you should have gotten a job with the communications department in the Bush administration if you honestly believe that made any sense.
                take it one word at a time.

Comment

take it one word at a time.
                  Most people start a sentence with a capital.

Take it one word at a time.
                  ''I'' fixed so you know what i am talking about.

Comment

Just because something is subjective doesn't make it impossible to prove. Mens rea is subjective, yet lots of people get convicted of murder or manslaughter, depending on which state of mind is proven.
                    I went back and read the original post I responded to again, and it actually is literally and wholly unprovable due to it's being subjective, let me refresh your memory:

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                    The handmade Waynes (by the Wayne Charvel) that I've played sounded heads and tails better than our MIJ Charvels (better sustain, better response, more articulate notes, etc) and I was able to get the best harmonics out of the Waynes than any guitar I've ever played.
                    The operative adjectives are subjective, and the source of the information is his own opinion. Bolded for emphasis.

Comment

I went back and read the original post I responded to again, and it actually is literally and wholly unprovable due to it's being subjective, let me refresh your memory:

The operative adjectives are subjective, and the source of the information is his own opinion. Bolded for emphasis.
                      You really should seek help.

Comment

You like to call people out for minor, semantic mistakes, but then don't like to be called out yourself, is that about right?

What you might not want to recognize is that these fine details and choices or words are not only on topic, but of great importance. When forum member X says "premium guitars are better because I personally observed their superiority", then the obvious question to me the curious guitar buyer is, will I observe the same thing as X? Are the qualities that you believe made the guitar superior something that everyone would agree on, or only some people? Hundreds if not thousands of dollars can end up misspent mistaking cost for quality.
                        Last edited by DreX; 02-13-2015, 01:21 AM.

Comment

You like to call people out for minor, semantic mistakes, but then don't like to be called out yourself, is that about right?
                          I am mortally wounded! Tell my family I love them!

Some people think Johnny Walker Red is the best whisky in the world, and think those who drink Oban are just suckers who have bought into media hype.

The Johnny Red crowd are very lucky people. They buy their hooch at 15 bucks a bottle and laugh at the single malt crowd.

It's a good feeling to know better than everyone else

Comment

It's a good feeling to know better than everyone else
                            It's a good feeling knowing that you've reduced yourself to slinging insults and ... whatever the rest of that was.

Comment

Drex, you have a point, if you guys could discuss this in person while playing your guitars none of the misunderstandings would happen. Internet is terribly slow to truly propagate the true thoughts and feelings of the humans involved. Add to this the cultural/educational and language barriers (like my case) and this ends up in Babel.

Comment

This adds nothing to the conversation. The only thing you are achieving here is further fanning the flames of this dumpster fire. Do you keep track of the threads you get closed? It that your ultimate goal on these forums? I only ask because the statement above has zero to do with music or guitars.

Comment

Working...
                                X