banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone heard of this pignose 40 watt all tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of this pignose 40 watt all tube?

Hey guys as you can tell im gunna probably buy that 40 watt pignose tube amp, and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about them?

Ive heard great things about there cleans, but id prolly be running a Mt-2 into it (metal zone) wondering how thatd sound...

Also, is the clean naturally overdriven like any other tube amp?

Thanks guys- Andrew

Re: Anyone heard of this pignose 40 watt all tube?

I didn't like the one i played. The cleans weren't THAT good, and well, i just didn't like it.

If i were you i would get a used classic 30, or a used VC 30 for about the same price. Either one of those gets u much better tone/sound.
    Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
    Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
    Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
    Crate VC-3112
    Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
    Fender Bassman 60

Comment

thanks its just im on a budget and the pign ose only costs 200 bucks, so i was like whoa 40 watt all tube for my price range of 200 bucks?!

Comment

i got my crate VC 30 (akaVC3112) for $225, and its in meticulous condidtion. im sure u could find one that may have a small scratch or whatnot for 200. I think i saw some peavey classic 30 for about 200 also.

thats 30 watts of all tube (vc30 has 8 tubes, classic 30 7 i believe) and both will get natural clean distortion at lower volumes cause of less power. Both have more features i believe, such as channel switching and idependent reverb. Both are highly praised amps on H-C, and i, having played each of them for over 4 hours, would reccomend either of them over the pignose. I liked the vc30 a bit more, so thats why i have one
        Crate VC-3112
        Fender Bassman 60

Comment

I tried a peavy classic 30 the other day in a local shop and it was only $220.00 excellent value and it has a tube vibrato and boost switch. Stay away from the pig.

Comment

ok thanks guys gunna have to check into the peavey classic, gunna try and ebay it!

the crate, i think i saw it in Guitar Center, Is it creme? the color anyways... they had it for 300 i believe thats wierd.

Anyways, if you find one used and are selling it or something along those lines PM me!

Thanks- Andrew

Comment

i have the crate, mine is either a 98 or a 94 (im not quite sure) and yea its cream, brown w/ gold speaker grill, and gold trim. They dont make the VC anymore, the newer V-series is black only i believe. When i was looking, 300 seemed to be the asking price that many asked. I found a small shop that was asking for less, and I bargained them down to 225. 300 is definatly worth it for that amp. Play them both, than go to ebay if u cant find anything better
              Crate VC-3112
              Fender Bassman 60

Comment

wow, i feel like an idiot

you are prbly going for a heavey metal tone (metal zone, rhoadsdude). if so, the crate vc nor the peavey classic are exactly heavey metal amps (the peavey moreso than the crate) regardless, they are both better than the pignose. i dont really know what a good metal amp is, but both the crate and the peavey are great classic rock type amps. i believe you could mod the peavey into a good metal amp, but im not sure

either way, i still reccomend those over the pignose.
                sry, i cant help about a metal amp.
                Crate VC-3112
                Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Working...
                X