No announcement yet.

Talk To Me About Floyd Rose Sustain Blocks. I have Quite A Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talk To Me About Floyd Rose Sustain Blocks. I have Quite A Few Questions

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
    Ah, the lesson learned that different does always translate to improved. One mans bright is another cut, and so on.

I try to remember what change takes place so I can apply it later. A larger block added midrange to your ears? Keep that in mind if another guitar lacks it. Try to not get caught in the trap of absolutes. Just because it did or did not have a desired effect, don’t be afraid to try it elsewhere
    That reminds me of when I converted my Les Paul from a Nashville TOM to an ABR-1; the change was a huge improvement. Naturally I also tried the converter kit on my Explorer and SG, and I didn't care for it on either of them. The ABR-1 made my Explorer sound like thin, tinny crap while the SG was different but not what I'd call an improvement.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Re: Talk To Me About Floyd Rose Sustain Blocks. I have Quite A Few Questions

You may think this is nuts, but try changing the threaded post. Stainless is brighter than brass or zinc. I also replace the short OEM studs for longer that go deeper in the guitar. The longer studs has more effect on the thicker LPs, but worth a shot. I try to transfer as much vibration as I can thru those studs to the guitar.
      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Working...
      X