What Overdrive Pedal are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Overdrive Pedal are you using?

does anyone know anything about the new MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal?
    im thinkin its just the boss SD-1 but more expensive. any opinions? just wondering.
    we can be heroes

Comment

Probably too many. I currently use a Rat Vintage, MXR Dist.+, Tubescreamers TS-9 and TS-5 (both modded), DS-1 (modded), and SD-1 (modded), plus I also throw either a Fuzzface or Big Muff in there once in a while.
      But I agree with those who like to use the overdrive in their amps as this approach gives me the cleanest distortion I can get, BUT, it's pretty loud when I go there so I rely more on the pedals at lower volumes. Some of these pedals, like the TS-9 and Dist.+, I like to use together sometimes for just a bit more crunch. The RAT is another one I like to use with "booster" type pedals like the TS-9.

-Bob

Comment

i use a boss md2 and find it a cool stombox for really warm versatile distortion...

Comment

ProCo Rat2
          DOD 250 Overdrive/Preamp
          My Gear:
          Kramer USA Baretta II;Ibanez RG550 (MIJ)
          Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 50watt 1x12" Combo
          Boss GT-3;ProCo Rat2;DOD 250 Overdrive/Preamp;DOD 201 Phaser;DOD FX-90 Delay

Pickups Used:
          TB-12 Screamin' Demon;TB-4 JB;SH-10 Full Shred;SH-5 Custom;TB-1 '59;TB-6 Distortion

Comment

My Amp covers a ton of distortion ground, so the only distortion pedal I currently own is a Fulltone Fulldrive2. It love this pedal. GREAT overdrive, versitile, and easy to use. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for anything in the TS-808 tone range.

I'm thinking about branching out and getting something with more gain. I played through the Fulltone DP-1 and was floored by it. Mike Fuller is one bad mother...

Mike

Comment

I have a new Boss OD 3 for smoother jazzfusion, and a Rat 2 from the late -80s for the really heavy stuff. I use the Boss OD 3 only for the softer stuff, and have discovered it sounds very much like when I played with an old Strat through an old Fender Bassman on really high volumes in the early 1970s. So if thatīs the sound they have tried to mimic, they have succeded.

Comment

Working...
              X