Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: Warmoth Carved Top Regal

Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
    Very nice. I've been toying with the thought of doing a Regal carved top, too. I really love the first two Warmoths that I've built. The decision is down to building a Regal or delving into an early '70's LP Custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks man!

Hey, an early 70's LP Custom is a fine instrument for sure, no shame in going that route. That being said, I definitely think Warmoth is an avenue worth walking when it comes to the Regal. I also own two more (pre-lawsuit) Warmoth LP guitars and they are also great. In fact, they are so great I sold my Gibsons!
    Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
      Awesome top and color. Any pics of the back??
      Thanks! I have this pic of the back from before I assembled it. Not that it really matters for tone but as you can see it is a 1-piece back which looks real cool on swamp ash!

Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
        Thanks man!

Hey, an early 70's LP Custom is a fine instrument for sure, no shame in going that route. That being said, I definitely think Warmoth is an avenue worth walking when it comes to the Regal. I also own two more (pre-lawsuit) Warmoth LP guitars and they are also great. In fact, they are so great I sold my Gibsons!
        I second the Warmoth suggestion!

Thanks! I have this pic of the back from before I assembled it. Not that it really matters for tone but as you can see it is a 1-piece back which looks real cool on swamp ash!

You lucked out on that grain bro!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
          I second the Warmoth suggestion!

You lucked out on that grain bro!
          Haha, yeah I did! It's awesome!
          Soundcloud

Comment

Something I noticed today: obviously Warmoth made changes to what used to be the LP because of "the" lawsuit. The end result is this new Regal shape. One thing I noticed is I have much, much better upper fret access than I had on my pre-lawsuit Warmoths or on the Gibsons and Epiphones I have owned and played in the past. This design is great!
            Soundcloud

Comment

Something I noticed today: obviously Warmoth made changes to what used to be the LP because of "the" lawsuit. The end result is this new Regal shape. One thing I noticed is I have much, much better upper fret access than I had on my pre-lawsuit Warmoths or on the Gibsons and Epiphones I have owned and played in the past. This design is great!
              Awesome! That is certainly a plus!

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                Awesome! That is certainly a plus!
                Yeah, it is a real pleasant surprise!
                Soundcloud

Comment

Well the long awaited NGD is here. I first envisioned this guitar years ago and finally was able to place the order back in April. After many months of waiting the body arrived a few weeks back and the neck arrived on Friday. I have it all assembled and in case you missed it I had a thread about the progress from the parts arriving here.

I have been a big fan of the Gibson LP Voodoo, swamp ash series and even the Raw Power series (all maple LP's and SG's) for a long time now so I wanted to piece together a little something based on those ideas. The end result is fantastic, I really couldn't be happier with this guitar! I will hopefully find some time to record and post some clips in the near future.

The specs: swamp ash solid body, Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers set, push/push volume pots for coil splits, Warmoth roasted maple Regal 24.75" conversion neck, stainless steel 6100 frets, 59 roundback profile, 10-16" compound radius.

Ok, here's some photos. The light was a bit unfavorable this morning so this is the best I've got for now:

Gotta say, the black hardware works on this one...Beautiful guitar....now, just put it in a case and hang it on the wall....no touchy... lol
                  sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                    Gotta say, the black hardware works on this one...Beautiful guitar....now, just put it in a case and hang it on the wall....no touchy... lol
                    I completely agree!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                      Thanks dude! Haha, no way, a guitar this beautiful begs me to play it. As much as I want it to stay this gorgeous forever I buy my guitars to play the hell out of them!
                      Soundcloud

Comment

Do you even play? Or do you just like um like spend all your time on the um forum and like never play for realz. me me me me me me me me me me me iiiiii iii i i i i i play alllll day.

Comment

Haha Raph! Classic!
                          Soundcloud

Comment

This guitar is really unique. I can get some raunchy tone out of it pretty easily. I would describe it as almost P-90's but not quite if the settings are just right. I can also get some great cleans out of it and when operating in full humbucker mode it becomes one hell of a responsive beast with creaminess from the neck humbucker or bite from the bridge. The in-between positions offer a few flavors of their own too. I love this guitar!
                            Soundcloud

Comment

Well the long awaited NGD is here.

I was right about the black hardware, wasn't I?

I'm too a sucker for black hardware!

Yours very truly,

Comment

Yes indeed LtKojak, black hardware is awesome!
                                Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                                X