My Tokai Love Rock Again For Racer X And Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tokai Love Rock Again For Racer X And Others

2001 Tokai L.E. Love Rock...Duncan pickups,upgraded switch,pots,and wiring..Love this guitar!

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: My Tokai Love Rock Again For Racer X And Others

MMMMMM!!!!!

Darn lefty's! I'd buy that sucker in a second!

Comment

Hey John....that guitar's pointing the wrong way....must be defective.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
        MMMMMM!!!!!

Darn lefty's! I'd buy that sucker in a second!
        Is it backwards? I always wondered why all of you guysz guitars looked opposite or opposed to mine!
        Keeps all my righthanded buddies from playing me axes though!

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I Like this photo alot also that I got tonight with my digital camera...The picture has a nice warmth to it..

Comment

Bump

Comment

John,

That Love Rock is a great looker - also glad you managed to sort out the problems of hosting images onto the forum. I presume you got the case with it as well? Am I correct in that you changed the pups in them as well. Also have you tried with the pickguard off or do you just like it that way?

Norman

For those who like seeing the a guitar in the right direction another shot of my Tokai Love Rock:

Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                John,

That Love Rock is a great looker - also glad you managed to sort out the problems of hosting images onto the forum. I presume you got the case with it as well? Am I correct in that you changed the pups in them as well. Also have you tried with the pickguard off or do you just like it that way?

Norman

For those who like seeing the a guitar in the right direction another shot of my Tokai Love Rock:

Norman....Special thanks to you once again for your help...
                My Tokai was shipped from Canada to me in the states and was actually shipped in a Hamer case...I'm told that my guitar couldn't be sold here in the states because it's too close to the real look of a Gibson Les Paul...The headstock shape and the 2 screw truss rod cover are exact also...

I currently have an A2 "Hybrid" Duncan in the bridge and a 59 in the neck...CTS 500K pots,Gibson switch,Bone nut,and all vintage style wiring and some cap tweaks on the tone pots and No Load Tone pots....This is a great guitar and it has a great neck and great tone...I Like the pickguard actually so I left mine on...My love rock cost me around 1k in 2001...

John

Comment

Headstock picture w/bone nut...

Comment

hey john.....you know of any sites or places where i could find another lefty one? im pretty interested in somethin like this....
                    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                    >cord<
                    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by flank
                      hey john.....you know of any sites or places where i could find another lefty one? im pretty interested in somethin like this....
                      Flank...I'm still doing some looking around and here's something so far...Mine was bought off E Bay by a Canadian Tokai dealer so I'll need to look at my receipts also...You will not find the correct body and headstock shape unless you buy a Tokai outside of the USA...

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                        Flank...I'm still doing some looking around and here's something so far...Mine was bought off E Bay by a Canadian Tokai dealer so I'll need to look at my receipts also...You will not find the correct body and headstock shape unless you buy a Tokai outside of the USA...

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/main.htm
                        Another link for you Flank..

Comment

Fantastic. I just love those Tokai's
                          °
                          my stuff

Comment

John, thats gorgeous.

NormanT; yours is also.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                              John, thats gorgeous.

NormanT; yours is also.
                              Thanks Artie....Speaking for both us I'm sure...

John

Comment

Working...
                              X