Does 60 slim taper = strat necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does 60 slim taper = strat necks?

Today i played a gibson les paul classic for the first time, with the slim tapered neck. I LOVE IT! but to me it feel different from the standard gibson LP. The enxk is more flata tt he back and less rounded inda liek my strat! It felt right at home, im gonan save up to either get a calssic LP or a standrad with the 60 slim taper neck cuz its AMAZING! so.....the point

is the gibson 60 slim taper neck on the LP classic prety much the same or very close to say my MIM standrad strat by fender?
    Last edited by strat_master; 04-13-2004, 06:49 PM.
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: Does 60 slim taper = strat necks?

I personally don't think so. While they're both slim, I find the strats to be thinner. Eventhough the Gibson slim taper neck is thin....I find it a little meatier.

Comment

Just a note of caution tho. I have a 1960 LP Classic, and I love it for doing rock. The thin neck works well for my smallish hands, and it sounds fantastic. However, I have found that if I get into jazzier, more complicated chords for very long, the thin neck tires my hand out much quicker. It may just be me, tho.

-Matt
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

When I started playing Les Pauls I loved the 60 neck and you couldn't get me to touch anything else. However since I got used to playing LPs and my hands got stronger, I'll only play '59 necks. I find that I get a thicker tone out of the larger neck, and also like Matt said my hands don't tire as easily.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Tiring? I dont really get tired when i play my stra necka dn thats even thinner than the gibson slim tapered neck. Its got alot less hump on the enck and it more flat.
          Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Working...
          X