Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson Les Paul..60's slimline vs. 50's rounded

Originally posted by Lee_M.
    That's cool and I believe you. I get short-term memory loss with tone sometimes, and more often than not, I'll tweak my EQ and gain with each guitar (which prohibits the direct A/B test).

The physics do make sense. I guess what I meant to say is that the difference in tone from the smaller neck could be made up for with different pups. I personally just don't remember hearing that much of a difference (plugged into an amp). Unplugged, I imagine you could hear a big difference.
    Definitely. The difference isnīt huge, thatīs why I recommend "buying a neck" by feel and not by what is to be expected from the tone. But itīs there
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Re: Gibson Les Paul..60's slimline vs. 50's rounded

Ive been playing strat and strat type guitars for over 20 years. Im used to thin necks. I played a Les Paul classic to see what the hype was and hated it. I tried a goldtop r7 with the fat baseball neckon a whim thinking that because i have small hands i would not like it. I now own it and havent picked up my strats in weeks.
      If you are not weird , you're strange

Comment

Working...
      X