banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Deluxe Bridge on Mexican Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Deluxe Bridge on Mexican Strat?

An American Deluxe bridge and American Standard bridge are (or at least were, correct me if in wrong) the same except for the screw vs. push-in arm which is otherwise the same block (epoxy-filled or something.) Not a bad setup, but a lot of people would rather have a six-screw trem with stamped saddles and a nice metal block, for tone reasons. Both styles will set up well.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
      No problemo. Warning, though... This place DOES make you do crazy stuff.
      What ever happened with you and those blokes at the pub has nothing to do with this place.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	16466141_1793566904238996_87479497_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	5797738

Here is the picture you asked for. Anything new that this picture reveals to you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by mexstrat View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]78199[/ATTACH]

Here is the picture you asked for. Anything new that this picture reveals to you guys?
          Yeah, you've got the smaller zinc block.

I would suggest just replacing the block. The actual plate is good. I've got the same plate on a couple guitars with replacement blocks.

If you're on a budget:

If you've got a bit of money to spend:
          We also sell most of the parts used on our vintage Strat reproduction guitars. ie. Callaham Tremolo Blocks, etc.

Both are big upgraded to the existing block and will fix your arm wiggle issue. Both will also require a new arm as the MIM Standard arm is not vintage spec. Both will use any arm that would fit in a vintage Strat. Callahan sells nice arms, too, including the David Gilmour style shortened arm.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
          Nope...

Comment

Yeah, you've got the smaller zinc block.

I would suggest just replacing the block. The actual plate is good. I've got the same plate on a couple guitars with replacement blocks.

If you're on a budget:

If you've got a bit of money to spend:
            We also sell most of the parts used on our vintage Strat reproduction guitars. ie. Callaham Tremolo Blocks, etc.

Both are big upgraded to the existing block and will fix your arm wiggle issue. Both will also require a new arm as the MIM Standard arm is not vintage spec. Both will use any arm that would fit in a vintage Strat. Callahan sells nice arms, too, including the David Gilmour style shortened arm.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
            So I'm going to sound like a complete idiot. I think I know what you're referring to when you talk about the block but I'm not sure. What are you referring to when you're talking about the plate? I'm not completely familiar with the anatomy of the bridge. From what I see online, it appears that the plate is the thing in the front. How can you see that from the picture I sent?
            Last edited by mexstrat; 01-31-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mexstrat View Post
              So I'm going to sound like a complete idiot. I think I know what you're referring to when you talk about the block but I'm not sure. What are you referring to when you're talking about the plate? I'm not completely familiar with the anatomy of the bridge. From what I see online, it appears that the plate is the thing in the front. How can you see that from the picture I sent?
              The plate is the flat part that the saddles and block are screwed to. It's also the part with the six screw holes that mount to the body.

Nope...

Comment

Keep your current saddles and baseplate and upgrade ro a Callaham block. Not only does the tremolo arm no longer wobble, you will notice a huge improvemt in your tone as well.

The xheapo GFS replacement blocks suck, IMo. I have used them, and the thread strip easily and youre right back where you are now with the arm flopping all over thelace. The quality of the Callaham block is worth the 30 dollars more than the GFS.
                “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

The block is important, especially if you float vs. flat.
                  Originally posted by King Buzzo
                  I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I had once an asian strat and bought the supposedly compatible GFS block. Then two things happened : a) I had to butcher the plate in order to fit the new block. b) the sound/sustain didn't improve in the slightest. Sold the block, and ended up selling the guitar as well.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                      I had once an asian strat and bought the supposedly compatible GFS block. Then two things happened : a) I had to butcher the plate in order to fit the new block. b) the sound/sustain didn't improve in the slightest. Sold the block, and ended up selling the guitar as well.
                      Maybe something changed... I've used a few of the GFS one. They're not as nice as the Callaham but they worked.
                      Nope...

Comment

Maybe something changed... I've used a few of the GFS one. They're not as nice as the Callaham but they worked.
                        It worked, like the previous zinc tiny block worked. No change in sustain. The lesson learned is that if woods/neck/construction suck then bridge/block upgrade won't do the miracle.

Comment

Working...
                        X