NGD! Classic Player Strat Sonic Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Classic Player Strat Sonic Blue

I've loved the faded Sonic Blue look for a long time. Almost white that contrasts great with a rosewood board, mint pickguard and aged plastics. The Classic Player Strat has intrigued me, being a 60's style Strat with the upgrades the Custom Shop puts on a lot of guitars at a decent price. Mid C neck, 12" radius, medium jumbo frets, 2-post bridge with stamped saddles and CS69 pickups. Very similar feel to a few of my MIA

I found one that's been a single owner, great shape and hardly any fret wear. Cleaned up the fretboard, polished the frets, put some new strings on and tweaked the action... It's a great playing guitar! Of course the CS69 pickups sound great, but I already have a Strat loaded with them so I'm thinking some Surfers or Lollar Blackface for this guy.

Anyway, thought I'd share.... now I've got GAS for the 50's version too!

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: NGD! Classic Player Strat Sonic Blue

Great looking guitar. If you're looking at alternative Pups, I strongly recommend trying/listening to clips of TVJones Starwood for Strat pickups - I haven't looked back since putting a set in my Strat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Great guitar! I've always loved Sonic Blue and my Strat has the maple board and mint green pickguard also.
      Mesa/Boogie MkIII+ & MkIVb + Mark Series Stack
      Marshall JVM410H
      Charvel 650 Custom-EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
      Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA BKP + Style 1 2H - JB/'59, Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
      ESP Eclipse II EMG 81/60 + Viper Urban Camo + JH-600 SPC (2)
      Carvin DC400CA + DC127T Koa - DD/'59
      Fender Custom Yngwie Strat - Seafoam Green w/rosewood, Fender Yngwie Strat - Sonic Blue w/maple, Fender Telecaster
      Charvel 475 Deluxe + 475 Exotic PATB set
      Ibanez UV7BK, B.C. Rich Eagle - Evo2/Air Norton

Comment

Beauty!
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Love sonic blue! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A classic beauty, nice find.... enjoy.

Comment

Nice guitar! It reminds me of one of Jeff Beck's guitars. I like the aged looked of the PG and the other plastic parts...cool.

;>)/
              sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Sweet! Not sure if I've seen that color before.

Comment

There was a time when I'd never consider a MIM Fender, but some of those models have gotten as good as a US model.
                  I like the updated specs and color combo also.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Excellent guitars. I've GAS'ed for that exact one on & off for years. If they made it with a maple board my Credit Card would be in trouble.

Congrats!
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm really liking it, it feels really familiar. I just love the neck shape, flatter radius and bigger frets, it just smokes. These guitras are really great players, even if they are MIM. I kind of like that, my nicer guitars I'm pretty careful with, this I can just play with the band and enjoy.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That is a looker. I think that is a great guitar and a fine player too. I think they make a few of those in Nitro or at least they did.

I had a Vintage Player that was specc'ed in a very similar fashion to your new Strat. Same color, same neck radius, but it had 2 big differences. It came with the 6-point trem and Texas Special pickups. I actually prefer the 2-pt trem and the CS 69 pickups are two big upgrades In my book. Enjoy the new guitar!

Brent

Comment

I like the sonic blue, and I even like the look of the aged plastic parts, but I can't get along with the aged plastic WITH the sonic blue. I think I would much rather prefer white plastic.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by gt5litre View Post
                            That is a looker. I think that is a great guitar and a fine player too. I think they make a few of those in Nitro or at least they did.

I had a Vintage Player that was specc'ed in a very similar fashion to your new Strat. Same color, same neck radius, but it had 2 big differences. It came with the 6-point trem and Texas Special pickups. I actually prefer the 2-pt trem and the CS 69 pickups are two big upgrades In my book. Enjoy the new guitar!

Brent
                            I believe the nitro ones are just the Classic series. Also great guitars, but it's those extra upgrades that make this series for me. For better or for worse, it'll stay looking quite nice for a long time to come... (I wouldn't mind if it aged, but in 1000 years the only things that will remain are cockroaches, twinkles and poly finished Fenders!)

I too love this bridge. 2-post for trem usage and setup ease and stamped saddles for tone. Apparently it was the prototype for the revised American Standard bridge. It might need a Calaham block and Raw Vintage springs. Also, the CS69s are really working well with the natural tone of the guitar. I might just leave them be for a while.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                              I like the sonic blue, and I even like the look of the aged plastic parts, but I can't get along with the aged plastic WITH the sonic blue. I think I would much rather prefer white plastic.
                              I was drawn to this look specifically. My favorite older Strats are the Blackie look, 3-Tone sunburst with tort and Olympic White with mint. This is a little variation on it and it's both unique and classic to my eye. But that's why they make so many variations, right? It think it would also look good wit maple and single ply white too.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X