banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Paint Job Day/Future build... WARNING STRAT CONTENT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paint Job Day/Future build... WARNING STRAT CONTENT.

Hello all,

A little back story...

I bought a unfinished warmoth body about 2 years ago, and... ashamed to say... forgot about it. I've been compiling parts to build my sons graduation present. While diggin out the parts, to take inventory, I stumbled on the body that I had forgotten about. I decided to get it painted a sunburst in nitro. Sent some emails to various shops, since a sunburst is way outta my realm of comfort. I decided to work with MJT...

MJT, has great costumer service... I speak from experience... I emailed back and forth with Matt and Wendy regularly through the whole process. We went with the closet clean finish. When they got it finished and it cured, they sent it right back. Got it last week... and I dig the hell out of it.

So without further ado...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170305_070030931.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	5843333

Got a neck, and a pickguard from Jimmy Darr on the way... can't wait to get started putting it together. Good thing the kiddo don't graduate til 2018... lol. As always, thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Jermo3178; 03-05-2017, 09:47 AM.

Re: New Paint Job Day/Future build... WARNING STRAT CONTENT.

Wow, nice! What kind of pickups will you use? Do you have a link to MJT?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looks great, can't wait to see it progress! Will you have him do the neck too?

Here's MJT...

The most authentic, vintage inspired guitars in the world. Located right off Route 66 in middle America!
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks, Mincer! I do appreciate it... Nice to have a little interest in my corner of the world... lol.

Well, for this one I decided to go a little different than usually... I am going with the JB in the bridge, cuz that's become my go to bridge pickup. But instead of the Jazz in the neck, this time I'm gonna give the Stk s7 (neck) and Stk s4 (mid) a try. Singles don't really mix well with my band... I've tried with Texas Specials and with the singles in my Hwy 1... But I'm looking to broaden my pallet a tad.. And, if I dont gel with them, I'll just grab a Jazz and do my normal thing... Or try to find another suggestion from my friends here.

The MJT website can be found here.... http://mjtagedfinishes.com/
        Check them out... not everyones cup of tea I'm sure, but I'd have no problem getting them to finish another one if I want it painted.
        Last edited by Jermo3178; 03-05-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Looks great, can't wait to see it progress! Will you have him do the neck too?

Here's MJT...

http://mjtagedfinishes.com
          Thanks, PFDarkside! I appreciate it!

Actually not this go round... I found a Warmoth neck that has the "aged" satin nitro finish, that isn't as orange as usual. It looked about like I would have wanted from the photos. Hoping it does in reality.

Comment

Nice grain on the wood and the cavities look shielded...that's a bonus. Is the body one piece?

;>)/
            sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Excellent looking finish! They obviously do great work

Comment

Originally posted by RorySquier View Post
                Nice grain on the wood and the cavities look shielded...that's a bonus. Is the body one piece?

;>)/
                Thanks! The cavities are shielded, but I did that. Remembered afterwards that I hadn't taken a photo yet. No, it's a 2 piece.

Comment

I've got an MJT Tele body on one of my guitars and it's excellent. I've got what I think is "light relic" and it's very well done.

That Strat body looks awesome!
                  -
                  My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

That sunburst is really nice. It looks to have a bit more black around the edges than most. Looks great.

Comment

Thanks everybody I do appreciate it... I have to say the pic doesn't really do it justice. The center is a little darker and the red not as in your face as it seems. Which is just the way I like my sunbursts.

Comment

So, I started putting the guitar together last night...everything went together smooth. I'm thinking man, this is awesome. In just a few hours I'll be playing this beautiful lady. WOOT WOOT............ ..... I get this thing wired up. Hook it up to the amp.... ugh..... it's weak and nasally... The volume is wide open or NOTHING. The tone nobs don't seem to do a thing. And the jb rings out about as long as the singles do. I've fiddled with it for a couple hours now, and nothing has changed.

So I've logged onto the forum of SD, to ask what say you?.... Sorry, I'm pooped.... Anybody have any ideas as to what the deal is? I'm about to go take a nap. Then I'll get up take it apart and get some pics of the guts to get them posted. Until then, mull it over if you don't care.

Comment

Bad wiring most likely!

Comment

Posted pics of the wiring job in the pickup section here...

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...19122-Question

Comment

Well folks, I got it working... Finally... All back together and took it to practice tonight. Ran it through the paces through my pedal board into the old BlackStar. Actually quite impressed... I'll get a pic of the semi finished guitar on here as soon as I get home.

Comment

Working...
                              X