Daaaa
    upload pics
    Daaaaaaa
    photo upload sites
    Daaaaaaaaa
    photo hosting
    Daaaa daaaaaaaaaa
    image hosting site no sign up

My brand new Brent Hinds Ltd. Ed. Silver-burst Custom V. These pickups are amazing, this is probably the best sounding guitar I own now and that list isn't bad to begin with. Really beefy sounding, but clear and powerful. Finish is flawless. Volume and tone and pickup controls actually make this thing sound like a different guitar which I'm not used to having. This was WAY worth the dough.

Re: NGD win! Silver-burst Epi V

That is very nice. Nice balance of class and rock. Could wear a tuxedo or spikes with that. Or both.

Comment

Thanks! That's part of why I bought it. Hadn't bought a new guitar in 5+ years and it looked cool in a couple of ways, classy and screams "rock n roll" Lucked out and got something that sounds really fantastic to boot.

Comment

One of the best looking V's ever made. Glad to hear the pickups sound like keepers. A definite Epiphone classic.
        I think a lot of people will be looking for them used, and won't find them easily because the original owners will keep them.

Take more artistic pics of the V and the Rectifier because they're a perfect match.
        I always love those pics that look like they belong in a guitar calendar.
        Last edited by Gearjoneser; 03-17-2017, 08:54 PM.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          That is very nice. Nice balance of class and rock. Could wear a tuxedo or spikes with that. Or both.
          oh, I read this as a Tux and Spike heels.......

so what pickups came in it
          was it the Probuckers or something else?
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
            oh, I read this as a Tux and Spike heels.......

so what pickups came in it
            was it the Probuckers or something else?
            That Epiphone has the signature Brent Hinds pups.
            Lace Sensor Hammer Claws.

Being a Mastodon nutcase, I'm jealous as **** now. I adore that guitar.
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

The only other pickup I own that i like as much as these is my Pearly Gates neck. They're different sounding though, not the same animal for sure. As a set they are effin amazing, especially in the middle position blends with the volumes. Minor power chords with an octave thrown on top of it sound like heaven/hell.
              Last edited by Thundermtn; 03-17-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                One of the best looking V's ever made. Glad to hear the pickups sound like keepers. A definite Epiphone classic.
                I think a lot of people will be looking for them used, and won't find them easily because the original owners will keep them.

Take more artistic pics of the V and the Rectifier because they're a perfect match.
                I always love those pics that look like they belong in a guitar calendar.
                Thanks.

Crappy pics are my hallmark though, lol. Really need to get a decent one and learn how to use it.
                Last edited by Thundermtn; 03-17-2017, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I'd throw a Distortion Mayhem set in there.

But that's a great V. Keep looking at one in the local store...
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The Distortion Mayhem will probably be what goes into my old Gibson Gothic V. Bought that one for my first V when I saw Wayne Static (r.i.p.) in about 2001 and recently found out he ran the Distortion in his for live shows. His was double pink so I had no clue what it was until much later when I figured out SD had a custom shop. The stock 496r and 500t in the Gibson suck and if I don't swap them that guitar will never be played again now that I have this new one. I'll leave the Epicphone stock, these pups are perfect for what I'm playing now and preserves the integrity the guitar should some unforeseen circumstance happen and I have to sell it, prolly won't happen though as I've never sold a guitar in my life.

Comment

Congrats!!! Ive been looking long and hard at these.. I want a V. Epi special runs are usually a cut above. This one has a great look, inlays and the whole nine. And pups are already upgraded... The only downside for me is the fatter neck.. Not actually played one yet tho.. Is it fat like a 59? Plus, even tho its a Sig guitar, the personal touch is on the back, so doesnt scream wannabe. Brentrocks has one listed in the trading post if anyones looking.. If I had all the cash and knew for sure on the neck, would be mine..
                      Last edited by BloodRose; 03-18-2017, 04:09 AM.
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice!

I've wanted the matching set of V and Explorer, that would be sweet...
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Great looking guitar...just great!!!!! Good for you and good for Epiphone!
                          1988 Fender MIJ ST54 Hardtail Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
                          2005 Edwards E-JR-100LTD/DC w/Gibson P90
                          2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany Satin
                          2015 Fender Road Worn '50s Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
                          2024 Gibson Les Paul Junior
                          -------
                          1997 Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
                          2021 Epic Amplification AR50
                          2022 Mojotone British 800 2204​
                          2022 Grand Mojotone JCW 2204

Comment

Ok, about the neck. I learned to play on Ibanez necks, and up till now only bought 60's neck Gibson stuff. When I first started playing it the neck feel had me worried a little. Fatter than a '59, but slimmer than the baseball bat LP '58 stuff I had played and passed on. Once got past the first 5 minutes I didn't really notice it any more. I only played it for an hour last night but it was comfortable and probably helps it out it the tone department. I do have some XXL glove size hands though, so I'm probably less sensitive to fat necks than most people. It's a big neck but I will no longer dismiss guitars with a big neck for the possibility that my ear likes the tone that a big neck may help produce. I'm still finding out things on this guitar player journey.

Comment

Really cool, i like it.....congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X