Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dings on a Gibby SG

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
    I would throw that guitar away. There is no way it will ever play right again with a scratch like that on it. Even if you have it professionally repaired, you will know that it is fatally flawed in the back of your mind and you will never be a good guitar player.
    I second this. In fact I am more than willing to sacrifice the space and take it off your hands.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
      I would throw that guitar away. There is no way it will ever play right again with a scratch like that on it. Even if you have it professionally repaired, you will know that it is fatally flawed in the back of your mind and you will never be a good guitar player.
      My website - https://stevenamckay.com/

My gear - Gibson- Les Pauls - 2 x Classic (sunburst and ebony), Slash Standard, DC Special Tribute, SG Standard, Explorer, Flying V. 1980 Hamer Sunburst.
      MIM Fender Strat. MIK Squier Tele. Jackson JDR94, Kelly, Concert Bass. Fender acoustic. Mandolin.
      Spark Mini, Marshall DSL20HR, 1912.

Comment

Live with it, or try to sell it at a profit and wait for a better one to come along. Something is always on the horizon.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

My 9-year-old daughter just walked in the room when I was playing this, pointed at the ding and said, "There's something on that."
          First time ANYONE has ever pointed out a ding on any of my guitars.

My gear - Gibson- Les Pauls - 2 x Classic (sunburst and ebony), Slash Standard, DC Special Tribute, SG Standard, Explorer, Flying V. 1980 Hamer Sunburst.
          MIM Fender Strat. MIK Squier Tele. Jackson JDR94, Kelly, Concert Bass. Fender acoustic. Mandolin.

Comment

Something to keep in mind: some people pay big bucks to buy "reliced" instruments. Doesn't make sense to me when one can age one's own instruments naturally. I suppose it's like spending big bucks to buy a pair of jeans that look like they've been worn for 30 years.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Made a very quick and simple cover-up...Don't tell my wife I used her nail varnish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1170841.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	5798194Click image for larger version

Name:	P1170844.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	5798195

SG. Marshall. Beer. What more could a man want?!

Name:	P1170843.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	5798196
              Attached Files

Comment

And here they are with my Subanots/Stonabus drawing of Ian Anderson and Jackson PC-1

Name:	P1170846.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	5798198
                Last edited by Wolfshead; 03-31-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X