NGD - Son's birthday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Son's birthday present

Behold the Gretsch G2420. I just opened the box from Sweetwater. It is for my step-son. His birthday is in June (he is grown with his own place, so it will not be discovered), but I wanted to have some time to play with it and see if I want one for myself!

It plays great, but I will not be able to plug it in until I get home tonight. I had it delivered to my work. I am posting the pictures from the guitar gallery at Sweetwater. The pics are of the exact guitar they sent me and look better than anything I would take. Thanks to Jon Gillespie (my Sales Engineer) for the hook up! If you ever buy from Sweetwater and don't have a personal Sales Engineer yet, Ask for Jon. He will treat ya right.

I have not played anything with a nato neck before (that I am aware of) but I like it. Has anyone played one of these yet?
    Attached Files

Re: NGD - Son's birthday present

Umm... Want another son?
    Good looking guitar! Way to go!

Comment

My oldest nephew has an orange one - with the Bigsby (made in Korea). Those Broadtron pickups are great rock and roll units, if you ask me. I got the guitar set up to play sweetly for him, and I really didn't want to hand it over. Your son should love it!
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I haven't played one of those, but I bought a G2655 Streamliner Jr.about 9 months ago. The Streamliner series are a great deal, sound great, feel/play great, and only $450- $550
        sigpic
        Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

No thanks Jermo! I have paid my dues. LOL.

Yeah Goober, I am afraid to spend too much time with it!

Comment

Very cool
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
            X