What's wrong with this picture? Gibson? Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this picture? Gibson? Content

A guy is wanting to trade me this and is arguing that it's real. But I've never seen one before.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1346.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	5844541

Re: What's wrong with this picture? Gibson? Content

It's a real fake.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
      A guy is wanting to trade me this and is arguing that it's real. But I've never seen one before.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]80831[/ATTACH]
      I haven't either. The fingerboard & binding are wrong for one. Gibson didn't do 'Custom' appointments with rosewood fingerboards until the Classic Custom series a few years ago, and none of them have the backs of the bodies bound. Without more / better pictures it's hard to tell, but the bridge looks like an import and the headstock size & inlays are questionable.

Taken collectively, I seriously doubt that it's real.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yeah it screams fake to me. I'm trying to get him to send a pic of the serial number.

Comment

Don't Gibsons usually have traps for inlays? (Real question there, cuz I'm not sure).

Nice looking guitar though, real or not. I guess to me it would depend on what he wants to trade for.
          Originally posted by The Commodores?
          "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Don't bother with the ser#

There is practically no element of the construction of that guitar that is accurate.

Hang on, after a second look you can drop 'practically' from the above sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
              Don't Gibsons usually have traps for inlays? (Real question there, cuz I'm not sure).

Nice looking guitar though, real or not. I guess to me it would depend on what he wants to trade for.
              A Les Paul Custom should have blocks on an ebony board. LP Standards (and some Studios) have traps on rosewood.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

It looks like one of those Gibson knockoff brands from the 90's.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's a fake. Sadly that means it's probably a better guitar.

Comment

I'll trade him my used Squire Mini for it, only if he pays me the difference in value.

Comment

I'm just seeing how far he will take it. He said he will get me more pics in the morning. That it is at his house in a safe lol. He wants to trade it for my charvel pro mod San Dimas I just got.

Comment

What's wrong with this picture? Gibson? Content

He wants to trade it for my charvel pro mod San Dimas I just got.
                        Hmmmm.... let me think....

NO!!!!!!
                        Last edited by BriGuy1968; 05-30-2017, 08:55 PM. Reason: Damn phone!
                        Originally posted by The Commodores?
                        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndhandband View Post
                          It's a fake. Sadly that means it's probably a better guitar.
                          Aren't you supposed to put a smiley face next to an absurd comment like that? Probaby reflects on your ridiculous knowledge of guitars to insinuate a cheap Chinese knockoff is better than a USA Gibson.
                          Last edited by MetalManiac; 05-30-2017, 09:06 PM.
                          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I'm just seeing how far he will take it. He said he will get me more pics in the morning. That it is at his house in a safe lol. He wants to trade it for my charvel pro mod San Dimas I just got.
                            Real quick get an Alibaba strat and spray paint it slime green and put a couple Epi buckers in it. He won't know the difference. Tell him it's just as authentic as his Gibson. Which literally will be truth in advertising.

Comment

Yeah I be hard pressed to figure a way to call that a real Gibby

I'd also try to find something besides a Crate SS practice amp to put behind it
                              Last edited by Wattage; 05-30-2017, 09:25 PM.
                              My Bands -
                              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                              X