NGD. V content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD. V content

So... Ever since I had a faded V and had to sell it, (And also a Dean V), Ive wanted another V in the harum. Plus, I envisioned a black V with a mirror pickguard to go along with my explorer. BUT... Ive also liked white Vs cuz of old vids of Het rocking one.. Anyhow.. I stopped into a GC recently that Id never been in before and they had a white Gibson V 2017 Traditional that had recently come in. The price was quite a bit less than new AND.... Although I wasnt sure about it, the guitar had a Floyd Rose FRX trem system installed. Im not sold on the visual of the FRX, it does work well, is reversible and costs about $400, so was even more added cost included in the price. I played it and the guitar was awesome, sustains great and was in great shape, so I had to throw down the card and bury myself again...

Comes with Gibson hardcase, Dirty Fingers pups, which so far, Im digging and I got it quite a bit less than new. Here she is:

It still has the plastic on the p/g..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: NGD. V content

Very cool man!! You need some EMG's! That FRX looks cool as you know what! A lot bigger than I thought it would be but then again its placed right at the V which goes against the flow of the body lines. Thanks for sharing this, and happy playing!
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Good luck with the guitar!
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

That trem is metal!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I wouldn't change a thing. Right balance of traditional and unique. Heavy, but tuxedo colors when appropriate.

Comment

WTF with the trem? That fugly
            “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

supposedly the mods for the trem are completely reversible. I hope so. Just in case. looks like that may not be the case where the bridge (tailpiece if stock) screws onto the body. looks like the The cool thing about the locking nut for the FRX system is one piece with the truss cover.
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

That's good news then should you want to...I had a 2002 (first year) faded V with full crescent moon inlays. I bought it new for I wanna say $600 but I can't remember... I sold it in 2004 for $350 so I could buy a Kramer Classic 1 that didn't last either. I want another V so bad too!
                87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                  Very cool man!! You need some EMG's! That FRX looks cool as you know what! A lot bigger than I thought it would be but then again its placed right at the V which goes against the flow of the body lines. Thanks for sharing this, and happy playing!
                  I think it prolly looks bigger on a V too. Visually, it isnt my preference, but it seems to work pretty well and isnt permanent.

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                  Good luck with the guitar!
                  Thanks!!

Originally posted by dotsdad View Post
                  WTF with the trem? That fugly
                  Visually, not my favorite, but came with it. Costs about $300, and works pretty well.. And best part, can be removed, unlike having the guitar routed out and all

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice V I always liked them in white. The FRX is an odd looking bridge but does work very well from what little I have tried one.

Comment

Looks great man. Those nickel tuners bug me though; I'd have to swap them to black.
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Looks like a weapon I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                          Looks great man. Those nickel tuners bug me though; I'd have to swap them to black.
                          Good point! (pun intended..) Something was bugging me about it, but couldnt figure what.. With everything else being black, they do look out of place.. I thought maybe I was just not adjusting to the trem.. I also dislike the knobs too, but not sure what else would look right...

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by man-in-moon View Post
                            Nice V I always liked them in white. The FRX is an odd looking bridge but does work very well from what little I have tried one.
                            I am very pleasantly suprised by how well it works and doesnt kill the sustain. I originally planned to yank it, but Im definately going to give it plenty of time before I decide. Im almost starting to like the look as its different..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Love it... Congrats! I wouldn't change a thing!
                              Originally posted by The Commodores?
                              "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Working...
                              X