banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with used Gibson Les Paul 2012 Satin Fireburst (my first Gibson purchase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with used Gibson Les Paul 2012 Satin Fireburst (my first Gibson purchase)

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
    Honestly, if you're able to go see them, just go over them in every way, esp neck angle, nut slots, bridge adjustment (if the only way its good is to one extreme then...that's not good), and fretwork
    This is great advice!!!

Extremes in bridge height is an obvious red flag with any set neck guitar because you basically can’t adjust any further? The biggest & most common problem modern Gibson’s have IMHO is wacky neck angles. They just lack any kind of consistency, especially with Fades!

I have 6 “Post-Millennial” Gibson’s & for the most part I’ve had pretty good luck with the ones that I’ve gotten but I still always make sure that I get them from a seller that offers a very good return policy because of this very issue!!! When I bought my 2017 L.P. Tribute T I had to send back three of them before getting one that the bridge wasn’t jacked all the way up or laying completely flat on the body due to bad neck angles &/or poorly cut nuts. However there’s plenty of great ones out there too!!!

In my case I think they finally got sick of me & actually went to physically check the guitar they were selling before shipping it because the fourth one looked & played beautifully right out of the box, LOL!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Re: Help with used Gibson Les Paul 2012 Satin Fireburst (my first Gibson purchase)

Looks like the original gold can be seen through the new green finish, depending on the angle. Like a see through green on top. I think it looks pretty cool. Not sure about that model but some of the lower price gold tops had dark/black backs and necks so looks like they only painted the top.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advice! I will try to see it over the weekend. I saw a 2014 LPJ in satin fireburst that I also like. It's at 590, but I hope to get it lower.
        "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Comment

That finish actually looks pretty cool. Not my style, but well done and original. I'd swap the knobs for black though.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezrocks View Post
            That finish actually looks pretty cool. Not my style, but well done and original. I'd swap the knobs for black though.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
            I know it's not a Gibson color but I kinda like the Translucent Green better than the Burst.... The 2013-2015 LPM/LPJ Burst's finishes always looked a little cheesy to me, kinda like old Harmony's???
            I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Personally I think they improved it with the green metallic. I'd rock the heck out of that all day long. And I'd be the only guy gigging in my town with an LP like that.

Comment

Send me the info on that green beast! I want it!!!!

That fire burst is sexy too....

Like this but not shiny...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0776.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	5804269
                Last edited by Aceman; 12-02-2017, 05:34 PM.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The cameleon painted is nice, be sure the job is well made before buying yhis Les Paul.

I buffed mine, a Les Paul Tribute Gold Top

Comment

Originally posted by waltschwarzkopf View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    That's a beautiful color... similar to aged Pelham Blue. If the guitar is in good shape and a good player, I'd jump on this one.

Comment

Woah! Love that green!
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hi guys!
                        I got the guitar! NGD post here https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...46#post4161746
                        "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Comment

Working...
                        X