Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Epiphone does it again!

Originally posted by Diego View Post
    I recall Rob Chapman describing the neck on that guitar as "gigantic".
    It's a 50s profile apparently. I'd have it anyway because come on, that thing is pure sex.
    Yeah, still tempting, cuz I really like the guitar.... But, I wouldnt enjoy playing it cuz of the neck.. Always struggle with big necks, and now Im fighting carpal tunnel, so even worse..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The ebony fret board is a real plus. I love the feel of it.

;>)/
      sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

I love Judas Priest and think Richie Faulkner is a hell of a guitarist. However, isn't it a bit too early to call him "legendary lead guitarist for Judas Priest"? I can think of two other guys that might deserve that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          I love Judas Priest and think Richie Faulkner is a hell of a guitarist. However, isn't it a bit too early to call him "legendary lead guitarist for Judas Priest"? I can think of two other guys that might deserve that title.
          Yeah, a bit cheeky on their wording. I feel like they meant to say something about the band being legendary and botched the wording.

Comment

Epiphone's got a new Bonamassa Flying V coming out. It's a '58 Korina model with a black pickguard. It's a replica of a Gibson that was bought from this mom and pop shop in Indianapolis. It looks really cool and has a raised Epiphone logo in gold on the headstock. Funny thing is, it's getting a lot of hate on Epi's FB page, as well as Joe himself. People are criticizing him for saying some thing to the effect of real guitarists not needing pedals, and for not actually using his Epi models on stage.

Personally I could separate myself from the fact that it's a Bonamassa model and just like it for what it is.

Comment

About the Bonamassa pedal thing. He said that people shouldn't over rely on pedals and use that with pedals people can mask their lack of talent. It would have gone over a whole lot better if he just said "Crap music with good pedals is still crap music." Sometimes I listen to new wave instrumental music's and chuckle at how garbage they would sound without all the chorus, phasing, and reverb.

But in other news, the new Epi V is gonna be sick. I might actually but one, even though I don't usually care for Flying Vs.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
              X