X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinese PRS kit build

Originally posted by Kenoakee View Post
    How did things go?
    Oh man, I completely forgot to post the results here! A majority of the work is finished. It's strung up and playable, but I have to do a few more coats of finish and fine tuning of the hardware.

I impressed myself with the fretwork. The action was so low that palm mutes would actually cause the string to lie across the entire fretboard (chords were just fine, no buzzing at all). I had to raise it a bit so I could play more aggressively.

Pickups are from an LTD EC-256. The wood is pretty light and did not play well with the ceramic magnets, so I swapped for an A5 in the bridge and A8(!) in the neck. It actually works well!

I don't know when I'll be able to finish the cosmetics, I'm living in a temporary house at the moment (divorce sucks). But maybe I'll post some current pics this weekend.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Comment

A few quick shots. Still a work in progress.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by posite63; 06-13-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I like that
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Tres chic!
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
          X