Fender strat MIM lonestar deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender strat MIM lonestar deluxe

I myself prefer to have one control the both the neck and middle, and no tone on the bridge. But that's more of an individual quirk than anything. SRV had one tone control wired to the bridge instead of the middle pickup, where it belonged. It also makes sense to wire the neck and middle to one and the bridge to the other.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Ill just leave it like that.. Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
        I myself prefer to have one control the both the neck and middle, and no tone on the bridge. But that's more of an individual quirk than anything. SRV had one tone control wired to the bridge instead of the middle pickup, where it belonged. It also makes sense to wire the neck and middle to one and the bridge to the other.
        did he? i knew eric johnson did that and jimmy vaughn did but dont think ive heard of stevie doing that. i prefer to have a tone on the bridge pup with sss, with hss i find its less necessary

Comment

I bought a very nice deep blue metallic 2005 MIM HSS Strat. I put a new pickguard on with a Dimarzio FRED and a GFS Lil Killer neck pickup-all re-wired with 500k pots. It has turned out really well and i dig the tone from the FRED and it can do metal pretty well!
          Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
          Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
            I bought a very nice deep blue metallic 2005 MIM HSS Strat. I put a new pickguard on with a Dimarzio FRED and a GFS Lil Killer neck pickup-all re-wired with 500k pots. It has turned out really well and i dig the tone from the FRED and it can do metal pretty well!
            The FRED is a surprisingly versatile pickup. I used one in a hard rock band for a few years with great results. I found I was able to get VH-style tones out of it relatively easily.

As for the tone controls - I usually like wiring tone #2 to the bridge pickup if I don't just use a 2-knob setup.

Comment

Working...
            X