Dean Truss Rod Wrench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dean Truss Rod Wrench?

That is what I was trying to articulate. I doubt the nut is original and probably should be replaced anyway. Do you have a home center close by? Once you know what thread count you are dealing with, getting a correct nut will be easy
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Just measure it whats the big problem?

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
        Just measure it whats the big problem?
        Its not a problem once I realized it most likely isnt the original nut. I was trying to find a proper sized wrench since all the common truss wrenches did not work.

Like I said whoever had this guitar really had no clue what they were doing when modding/upgrading it.

@Ayrton
        Understood.
        I have many choices in hardware stores here, problem is the usual Home Depot, lowes, ect....have an issue restocking when they run out,its a real crap shoot there on nuts,bolts, screws and such.
        When I need those types of things I goto to either Fastenal or Ace Nut and Bolt,they usually have anything I need and several choices....cheaper too a lot of times.

I have only ever bought one other guitar that was this bad or in worse shape than the Dean and thats the one hanging next to the Dean in the pics. That is a 1990 Ibanez RG570 that I got for $50 in 1993. Reason being it was completely stripped down,taken apart and had huge gouges and chunks of wood missing from it. Everything was there just in a box. It has been one of my favorite guitars.

Comment

HD or Lowes will have a display in the nut/bolt isle that you can use to find the thread pitch of the nut. You don’t have to find the replacement there.
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Better yet - instead of Lowes/HD, find a Fastenal store. They'll tell you everything about threads/nuts etc...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              Better yet - instead of Lowes/HD, find a Fastenal store. They'll tell you everything about threads/nuts etc...
              I mentioned them above but we actually have a local bolt shop much better than Fastenal.....much much more selection and better knowledgeable employees. Our Fastenal is kinda small and quiet limited.

Thx.

Comment

I missed that!

Ace Nut & Bolt, of course....

(Beavis & Butt-head laugh)
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                X