Need help IDing this Edwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help IDing this Edwards

I want to know what year it was made in. The serial numbers are in the neck and bridge PU cavity and the pups are Seymour Duncan SH1 neck and JB bridge.

The pots are noble with kck caps. I paid 300 bucks and the setup was quite messed up, fixed now though.

It plays perfectly.

Any help appreciated

Sent from my SCV33 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by atf; 12-07-2017, 03:17 PM.

Re: Need help IDing this Edwards

Pretty sure that's an E-LP-92. I don't know their serial number scheme, so I can't help with the year. $300 is a great deal; I typically see them on ebay in the $600-800 range.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
      Pretty sure that's an E-LP-92. I don't know their serial number scheme, so I can't help with the year. $300 is a great deal; I typically see them on ebay in the $600-800 range.
      Are these made in Japan?That is my impression, some forums say they are better than Gibsons. Which is kind if interesting, because I was at a pawn shop here and there was a grassroots lp tobacco sunburst next to a Gibson lp traditional (also a tobacco sunburst). I played both and unplugged, believe it or not, the Grassroots was better. It had clarity and the notes resonated.And it was 80 bucks.Bought the grassroots in a heartbeat.
      Last edited by atf; 12-09-2017, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by atf View Post
        Are these made in Japan?That is my impression, some forums say they are better than Gibsons. Which is kind if interesting, because I was at a pawn shop here and there was a grassroots lp tobacco sunburst next to a Gibson lp traditional (also a tobacco sunburst). I played both and unplugged, believe it or not, the Grassroots was better. It had clarity and the notes resonated.And it was 80 bucks.Bought the grassroots in a heartbeat.
        The Grassroots before modding.The pickups had to go.

Comment

Last I heard they were making them in China and finishing them in Japan. I have no idea how much is actually done in Japan. I also don't know if, like Tokai, they have some models made entirely in China and some entirely in Japan.

edit. That "Limited model" text on the headstock looks exactly the same for both the Edwards and Grassroots (Both ESP). Regardless of where it was made (Korea), from the looks of it, for $80 you committed a felony burglary.
          Last edited by Darg1911; 12-09-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Somewhere around 2007 I would guess.
            Last edited by kherman; 12-10-2017, 08:01 PM.
            sigpic
            http://www.heddatheband.com

New HEDDA CD now available:
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hedda2

HEDDA video:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LuSksz-J8

Comment

I didn't notice initially that you're in Japan. $300 is an amazing deal for that guitar in the US, but I can't claim to know the used guitar market where you are. Part of the reason they tend to sell so high over here is that there's so few of them.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Edwards' are great guitars! I love that blue one!! They are very well made. I imagine that not all of them are "better" than any Gibson, but they are well made and great players. As some Gibson purists would dislike, they obviously dont have the Nitro finish.
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I didn't notice initially that you're in Japan. $300 is an amazing deal for that guitar in the US, but I can't claim to know the used guitar market where you are. Part of the reason they tend to sell so high over here is that there's so few of them.
                  And also shipping with a little profit on top

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    Edwards' are great guitars! I love that blue one!! They are very well made. I imagine that not all of them are "better" than any Gibson, but they are well made and great players. As some Gibson purists would dislike, they obviously dont have the Nitro finish.
                    Yeah this one does the job and in terms of QC inscriptions everywhere, I can at least say that it was checked properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X