Guitar recording CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar recording CPU

What is the minimum for CPU usage when recording guitars with usb interface and vsts??

My computer is a 2013 Toshiba model with AMD 1.90ghz processor..when i use new vst's and daw's sometimes they freeze or log me out.. Could that be the reason and need to upgrade?? O yeah, Ram is 8gb

Re: Guitar recording CPU

Originally posted by Willy25 View Post
    What is the minimum for CPU usage when recording guitars with usb interface and vsts??

My computer is a 2013 Toshiba model with AMD 1.90ghz processor..when i use new vst's and daw's sometimes they freeze or log me out.. Could that be the reason and need to upgrade?? O yeah, Ram is 8gb
    That processor is on the fence of the minimum requirements to operate a single amp modeling program like S-Gear and fall short on Amplitube 4.

So to steadily drive a DAW on a 64-bit Windows OS, I'd say it just doesn't cut the mustard.

/Peter
    Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
    Kolding, Denmark

Comment

I just checked, and Amplitube 4 requirements ( came out in 2015) minimum 2.0ghz processor.. And for new daws and vst the same..

Ill just stick to my old Amplitube 3 and Cubase ( DAW) the new versions look great but im tired that when your recording they freeze up on you..

Comment

Memory
        You may need more

The processor can only speak directly to the memory
        If you don't have enough
        The processor will pause while the memory writes to the hard drive
        To free up space
        Solid state hard drive writes faster as well

Max out the memory and see if it the problem remains
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
        X