Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP LTD New "Black Metal" Series

Originally posted by BleedingFingertips View Post
    This is true. I admit I wishful think a bit.
    I think they got you covered on this one. If (if) the pics are true that sure does not look gibson-scale. (my eyes are very used to seeing the Ibanez (LP) which is 25.5")

I'm very much wondering what the full M specs are. I've always preferred a wider 43mm nut with floating trems and LTD has almost always been narrower except for the Lynch models iirc. Mahogany would be nice for the body and/or wings (whichever it is),,,,,,as would a real M.I.G. OFR.
    Probably a lighter wood and korean floyd if it's under $1000usd.

Comment

Also on the M, I'd like the stock better downward/standard.
      Without that trademark esp binding the stock looks a bit bland anyways, but that's not really bad for the target blackmetal buyer.
      Last edited by dave74; 12-31-2017, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        I think they got you covered on this one. If (if) the pics are true that sure does not look gibson-scale. (my eyes are very used to seeing the Ibanez (LP) which is 25.5")
        If you juxtapose the pictures of the EC and the M, it does look like they have the same scale. And the M is the strat-scale by definition.

Comment

These look sick, I love sleek and simple guitars, these are no joke!
          Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Comment

The specs have been released.

One of the world's leading manufacturers of high quality guitars and basses.

Comment

Heck yeah.

I like it all except I wish the radius was a bit flatter,,,almost 14" though so no big deal.
              Alder would have been my second choice after mahogany which would make for slightly better tone and balance IMO,,,,,,,,,but the wider nut makes up for it.

No price yet though. (oh I see it now $800)
              Would sure like it if more brands would go stainless on the frets for an extra bill.
              Last edited by dave74; 01-03-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

A bit disappointed with the scale length of EC and Viper. But 25.5 is at least the bare minimum for a seven string. I would say it is my favorite for a 7 string right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingFingertips View Post
                  A bit disappointed with the scale length of EC and Viper. But 25.5 is at least the bare minimum for a seven string. I would say it is my favorite for a 7 string right now.
                  I wouldn't want less than 25.5" on a 7 either.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                    I wouldn't want less than 25.5" on a 7 either.
                    I mean if a guitar has one string more and a wider neck it does not make it handle Drop A any better than a 6 string Jackson Soloist or something similar if it has a "normal" scale.

Comment

Working...
                    X