banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will changing tailpieces affect my tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will changing tailpieces affect my tone?

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
    Interesting about the Floyd. Ping supplies the non German models to Fender, but that is the first I have read about the “original“ vs “the original”.
    The thing is that there are a lot of similar posts on web. I've come across at least one or two that stated that Sung Il was stamped underneath a Tonepros bridge, or tailpiece as well. My suspicion is that FR, Tonepros and others have licensed sung il to manufacture some (or a lot) of the "OEM" hardware. In other words, if an import is marketed as coming, stock, with Tonepros bridge or Floyd Rose licensed or Floyd Rose Original (again, not an OFR) etc., then Sung Il very well may have been the manufacturer. The cheap Sung Il hardware is adequate, at best, but I have no doubt that they are very capable of producing better quality product than what would usually come on a $350 import LP copy. I don't know how much Tonepros or Floyd Rose stuff or other brand, outside of the OEM parts, is made by Sung Il. Maybe some, maybe none. Call me cynical, but it at least makes me a bit leary. But again, if Sung Il puts more quality into it than on their cheaper parts, then maybe it's not a big deal. At any rate, given the choice to pay 50 bucks for a Tonepros ABR versus 65 bucks for a Faber, I'd pay the extra 15 bucks for the Faber.

Comment

Re: Will changing tailpieces affect my tone?

I don’t use anything but German Floyds, so I can’t say much about who might have built what. However I have ordered close to a hundred Tone Pros tails/studs/bridges and have never seen anything but Gotoh stamped on them.

YMMV
      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Working...
      X