YOU Need A Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: YOU Need A Les Paul

You take that heritage seriously... What's wrong with Epi? It used to be equal with Gibson those days.
    Nothing is wrong with Epiphone. They ruled back in the heyday of jazz guitar.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I believe you are referring to some alternate facts. Gibson didn't even want Les Paul's solid body design until 6 years after he proposed it. By then it was because Fender started selling solid bodies.
      No, I refer to ACTUAL HISTORY. Gibson told Les to hit the door when he brought in The Log (which WAS NOT a Les Paul at all), then when Leo started cleaning their clock they hunted him up again. Les himself has said he did not design the Les Paul, he approved of Gibson's design and signed the dotted line.
      Last edited by ICTGoober; 01-02-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        No, I refer to ACTUAL HISTORY. Gibson told Les to hit the door when he brought in The Log (which WAS NOT a Les Paul at all), then when Leo started cleaning their clock they hunted him up again. Les himself has said he did not design the Les Paul, he approved of Gibson's design and signed the dotted line.
        So your telling me that Ted gave Lester money for a guitar Ted himself designed? So that he could get Lester on board to... do nothing for Ted ever again?

And your also telling me that Ted passed up calling the new solid guitar "The Paul McCarty"? And then Mr. PRS did it again by not calling the McCarty "The Paul McCarty"?
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Now you're just being a ****ING TROLL.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
            LP's are by far my faves

My favorite too. As much as I love LP's, they're just not for everyone, no one-size-fits-all, you can see that from the occasional complaints here: too heavy, single cutaway, neck too short, tones too warm & thick, old fashioned design, etc. There is no universal guitar that will please every player. Some guys love Strats and think everyone should own one; I had a Strat decades ago, sold it and have no desire to ever own one again. I'm glad there's so much variety in electric guitars so that we can choose what we like best.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Les Paul was the EVH of his time: hotshot guitarist and innovator. His endorsement was highly valuable.

I don't want a Les Paul anymore (had an '89 Custom for a couple decades), but I do need one for rounding out my tone options.

Just haven't found one I dig yet.

Comment

A Les Paul was my first electric guitar, and I worked and saved for a long time to get that baby. I currently only own 8 LPs and love each of them. My Number 1 started life as a Deluxe but had already been routed out for DiMarzio Super Distortions before I bought it from a friend. I have played and beat up that Lester for over 40 years now and it's still rockin'.

I've got lots of other styles and brands, but I keep coming back to the Les Paul.
                "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                  So your telling me that Ted gave Lester money for a guitar Ted himself designed? So that he could get Lester on board to... do nothing for Ted ever again?

And your also telling me that Ted passed up calling the new solid guitar "The Paul McCarty"? And then Mr. PRS did it again by not calling the McCarty "The Paul McCarty"?
                  1988 Fender MIJ ST54 Hardtail Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
                  2005 Edwards E-JR-100LTD/DC w/Gibson P90
                  2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany Satin
                  2015 Fender Road Worn '50s Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
                  2018 Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Junior
                  -------
                  1979 Marshall JMP 2204
                  1997 Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
                  2021 Epic Amplification AR50
                  2022 Mojotone British 800 2204​

Comment

I am a die hard Gibson Les Paul player. My very first Les Paul was a 1974 Custom. Then I bought a 1993 Gibson Les Paul Custom Wine Red. Now I own (2) Gibson Les Paul Standards which I absolutely love. I did own a "Heritage" H-150 Curly Maple Top Trans Black Finish which had a matched set of Seymour Duncan '59's. Man, those SD '59's are really great pickup's. If you have never played a matched set of SD '59's you can purchase the "Vintage Blues" set for around $145.00. They come uncovered double black open coil non logo. I had them in a 2002 Gibson Les Paul Classic Tobacco Sunburst which was an amazing electric guitar. There was something about that one particular Les Paul Classic that sounded and played better than any other LP Classic. While the Gibson Les Paul isn't for everybody, I agree with "BTMN". Every guitar player should at least check out some Gibson Les Paul's. I know a lot of players will say this has been done to death but I have been playing Les Paul's through Marshall Stacks and Half Stacks my entire life with outstanding results. I always received lots of compliments on my guitar tone and playing after my band "Frostbite" played gigs around the Philadelphia area. I want to mention that I ALWAYS have just one Fender Stratocaster for that distinct Strat tone. I need a Stratocaster just as much as I need a Les Paul however I play my Les Paul's mostly. Some guitar players would argue that the Gibson Les Paul is the BEST electric guitar ever produced. I tend to agree however there are so many other guitars that sound great also it's hard to say for certain. I have always wanted a Jackson U.S.A. Soloist with a Black finish and EMG 81/85 Pickup's and Floyd Rose Tremelo. Perhaps I will finally own a great Jackson Soloist one day? Who knows? No matter what guitar is your personal favorite, I say play, play, play and make great music. It's always been about the music for me and the choice of guitar comes in second to the music. Peace. - Dave

Comment

I hated Les Pauls until about three years ago. I was all about Strats and PRS style guitars.
                      Tried a few Epi Les Pauls and a couple Gibson Studios, some stock and some modified. I wasn't really convinced so I kept going my way.

Then I had the chance to try a '58 RI and I realized what it's all about. I started to look what made that guitar special in other Les Pauls and from time to time, I've found it.
                      I can't afford a Gibson, but I've owned a few Epiphones: A 339 and two Les Pauls so far. Sold the 339 and one of the LPs out of necessity but I'll eventually have some more Gibson style guitars. Or maybe I won't, but I'll definitely keep a Lester close to me until my fingers fall off.
                      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

I like Les Pauls

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	inCollage_20191129_094243856.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	5817818

Click image for larger version

Name:	inCollage_20191129_011402178.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	5817819

Excuse the strat on the bottom left. Only pic i have of my lp special

Comment

That cherry DC is sexy

Comment

Thank you. I love it. I twiddled around a little on the sunburst earlier tonight. . They're all nice and i amcblessed. Planning on another mid 2020

Comment

My burst lp is my #1 guitar. #2 is the k-line strat pictured, and a close #3 is my brown lp special, pictured next to the strat

Comment

Working...
                                X