Boat Neck Les Paul Trad Pro II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boat Neck Les Paul Trad Pro II

My thing is the right thickness is not thick in terms of clubby. Starting point was i wanted to Keith Richards riff in same way he does. Thumb over. I managed to do that on some guitars but on others not. Still the high strings were muted. And i found out that (it was a partstelecaster with allparts neck and MJT body) i could do thump over with ringing high strings and everything else too. My 60ies neck Les Paul Classic Plus worked too, but i cramped playing long (and the LPCP sound a little bit stiff and thin). So i came to the search. I really like some of R9 necks with rolled shoulders, but V necks work better for me.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I prefer thin comfortable necks. But among my short scale Gibsons, the baseball bat guitars sound better. Particularly for single-wood body guitars like SGs, Melody Makers. I think my Firebird could benefit from a thicker neck for both sound and tuning stability.

Comment

I’ve been playing this Trad Pro II all day every day since this past Friday.

I can say now I LOVE THE NECK!! The tone is so warm and fat and the satin finish makes moving up and down the neck smooth. Also I’m not getting aches and pains after playing a chit load.

It took me a bit to get a feel for it but now I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X