banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Ibanez changed the RG's rear cavity plate over the years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Ibanez changed the RG's rear cavity plate over the years?

I just bought a rear cavity plate from a 2012 RG320 that I want to use on my 1990 EX140 (one of the earliest value-oriented RG's they ever made) that was missing it when I bought it used. It's plate recess is the same exact shape and the holes appear to line up with the holes on the plate. However I don't know if the size of the cover has been different over the years or not so I'm a little concerned that it won't fit. Does anyone know if Ibanez resized or made any other changes to the rear cavity cover on RG's from year to year?
    1990 Ibanez EX140 (JB, Custom Stack Plus, Vint. Hot Stack Plus)
    2012/2013 Epiphone G-400 Pro (Stock)
    Boss Katana 50

Re: Has Ibanez changed the RG's rear cavity plate over the years?

They could have been made in a half-a-dozen different factories over the years, so yeah. I'd be suprised if the covers WERE the same... Especially the "lower end" of the model range, would have been made wherever was cheapest for them. (Not that it makes them bad guitars, anything with an Ibanez logo is usually pretty well screwed together)

Comment

EX's were not RG's. The bodies were different
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

There is more than 1, I went through this with my MIJ 1988 RG140. I'd see if Rich at ibanezrules.com can help you out.

Comment

Ibanez hasn't changed since 1987,since the first jems were made

Comment

Working...
          X