Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: Epiphone Dot Deluxe

It's got the mouse ears!
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      It's got the mouse ears!
      LOL. I cant recall seeing anything but "mouse ears" on the Epi's. But I haven't paid all that much attention.

Comment

Is that referring to the cutaways? Don’t all 335s look like that?
        Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 02-01-2018, 12:00 PM.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
          Ok, I'll bite...explain
          I've found'em to have a arguably "better" tonefootprint than their older, oddly-shaped ear counterparts.

It's stated that all Sheratons come with laminated necks, but I've serviced quite a few with one-piece maple necks, so that's another thing to look for that's preferable when buying a second-hand Sherry to mod.

/Peter
          Last edited by Discharged; 02-01-2018, 12:25 PM.
          Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
          Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Now I see the mouse ears compared to the pointier horns. I thought they all were the same.

I want whatever this is (or the modern equivalent with humbuckers)

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
            “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
              Now I see the mouse ears compared to the pointier horns. I thought they all were the same.

I want whatever this is (or the modern equivalent with humbuckers)

That's a Sheraton. I've actually played one from '59 a few years ago at Dave's Guitar Shop in WI.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I can see the pics now too JB. That's a sharp looking guitar for sure and a very nice top to boot. Very nice score. I too prefer the looks of the mouse ears.
                My Sound Clips

Comment

I'm pretty sure the whole 'mouse ears' thing was in reference to Gibby 335's. I believe the early 335's had the rounder 'mouse ear' cutaways and that later versions, while still rounded, were slightly pointier.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                    How about now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86628[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86629[/ATTACH]
                    That is one sharp looking guitar with the gold hardware and the top is gorgeous...tobacco burst! It looks very classy indeed...something you could play at a black tie affair or something...maybe a wedding?

;>)/
                    sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                    X