Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do not like my guitar tone

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    I agree with you! Turned my amp to 4 yesterday and the only thing that resulted out of it was it caused my walls to rattle and things in my room to start falling and my ears ringing after that. Didn't even really help my tone out very much either, in fact a prefer it at the lower volume
    Only 4?

Here's the thing with amps like that - they're not designed for bedroom playing or whisper-quiet levels.

The amp owner needs to do one of the following:

- be able to play with the amp cranked
    - learn ways to tame the volume with the amp cranked (slaving, ISO room, ISO cab, attenuator)
    - be satisfied playing the amp at extremely low volumes with the corresponding extremely crappy tone

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      Only 4?

Here's the thing with amps like that - they're not designed for bedroom playing or whisper-quiet levels.

The amp owner needs to do one of the following:

- be able to play with the amp cranked
      - learn ways to tame the volume with the amp cranked (slaving, ISO room, ISO cab, attenuator)
      - be satisfied playing the amp at extremely low volumes with the corresponding extremely crappy tone
      Also, and I may be wrong here:
      I think I remember the op saying in an earlier post that he had the gain way low too...
      Turn that gain knob UP!! That will get some saturation at low volume levels.

Comment

I will get some clips out today, they are not the best representation of what I am hearing on the other end, but I will post some. What would you want me to play in the videos to be more specific? Also can I have some of my pedals in the rig or no pedals?
        Play whatever you enjoy playing! And do some with them all off and some on...just wanna get a taste of the tone (yes I know it will just be an iphone or whatnot) and your playing.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Gtrjunior on low volumes I would have the gain up to like 7-8 on low volumes. When I had it cranked I turned it down to like 5-7 and got some decent tones out of it.

Comment

Kamanda, I got it I will do a couple of songs and use both of my guitars to give a demonstration.

Comment

I have a squier and a fender mustang I v.2 amp. I have played on that for a long time and in fact I play it every once in a while and trust me my marshall and jackson have a far superior tone compared to that. I don't know how this answers my question or helps me? Just because I don't like the tone of something I should play on something inferior and sounds terrible for what? To appreciate the gear I have? I already do, but it isn't doing it for me. So what is the point of me doing this anyways?
              It's called humor, Mr. Rhoads.

Comment

Working...
              X